Full-Time Applications Engineer
Are you ready to break free of the mundane?Looking for a place where you can develop strategies and solve problems? Where you can drive success and make an impact? Where each day brings a new challenge?An exciting position is currently available for an Applications Engineer. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience to evaluate customer needs and develop solutions, create concepts, budgets, layouts, & proposals and ensure the final constructed system meets the customer’s needs. This position is an engineering centric position with primary focus on technical sales support. The Application Engineer will build and maintain close working relationships with clients and internal sales and engineering to develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s technical requirements and use this knowledge to develop the scope of work as an input to the qualifying and estimating process. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, innovative, and analytical with a drive for change.As an Applications Engineer, join a growing manufacturing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a provider of custom capital automation equipment that offers project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
- Evaluate customer needs and gather information about their products and facility; Develop requirements associated with the customer’s needs
- Conceptualize solutions that meet the requirements, working to develop processes, equipment and strategies for applications needed
- Collaborate with customers, sales, and engineering to ensure full compatibility for solutions
- Gather external vendor information for incorporation into solutions
- Determine expected costs and establish budgets required to implement the conceptualized solution
- Create system layouts that fit our proposed system into the customer’s available space
- Prepare pre-sales technical solution descriptions to ensure that customer requirements are identified, understood, and considered in quoting and project management processes
- Effectively convey the proposed solution in a formal written proposal
- Lead the transition of purchased solutions from the conceptual / proposed stage of a project over to formal Design and Engineering where a solution will be manufactured
- Maintain a close relationship with key customers as well as develop new customer connections to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Assist Sales in preparing and delivering technical presentations outlining CHL Systems current and future capabilities for internal and external meetings.
- 4-year college degree majoring in Engineering desired or a strong technical background with significant experience
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously (typically 3-10 projects at a time) with a diverse breadth of challenges.
- Proficient working knowledge of computer systems including AutoCAD, Word, Outlook & Excel are necessary. A background in SolidWorks is beneficial
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical systems is required
- Solid understanding of material handling, automation and packaging systems, including robotics
- Solid and proven background and understanding of food, beverage, and confectionary process systems; including mixing, blending, conveying, process piping and pumping technologies
- Technical design capabilities including ability to read, develop, and understand complex technical specifications and drawings such as P&ID’s, blueprints, process flow data and similar documents.
- Ability to perform general engineering calculations as well as complex problem solving
- Ability to serve as an advisor or consultant and develop system operating procedures
- Ability to control costs, adhere to a schedule, and improve the quality of a product/service
- Excellent listening, planning, organizational and communications skills to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Self-starting and highly motivated individual who wants to win in competitive situations
- Candidates exemplifying critical thinking, creativity, ingenuity, ambition, determination, and collaboration will be highly valued.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events
Name of company seeking application: CHL Systems, Inc.
Company contact name: Human Resources
Company contact email address: [email protected]
How to ApplyPlease visit the website address below to apply. https://chlsystems.com/vacancies/?gnk=job&gni=8a7887ac798f7549017a14ef33433c40&gns=FPSA
576 total views, 4 today