Full-Time Automation Engineer I – JR0020094
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people, and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are:
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers, Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
About the job:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to carry out automation activities on development, standardization, or customer projects professionally and to the customers’ expectations. You will be responsible for providing
engineering design, schematics, automation (PLC’s and HMI’s), operating manuals, and performance verification across multiple projects centered around Alfa Laval’s decanters. Currently, this is a hybrid opportunity located in Warrington, PA.
As a part of the team, you will:
- Support small to mid-size hard-and software projects simultaneously in accordance with time schedule and budget established by the main PM.
- Specify automation components and provide support to purchasing for automation needs.
- Participate with Sales team in creating customer proposals.
- Work with panel shops in designing and manufacture of electrical control systems.
- Develop Operational manuals.
- Ensure cost optimization on projects.
- Develop test plans and procedures.
- Perform FAT at the panel shops, in addition to providing support at the customer’s site.
- Customer and field support of equipment to
troubleshoot and resolve site issues with automation packages, and direct communication with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Travel expected up to 40%
What you know:
You have BA in Electrical Engineering with relevant experience, and:
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience related to engineering design and support.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Electrical troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/ePlan.
- Knowledge of electrical codes.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming.
- Strong knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and hazardous area installations.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation, Siemens and BnR
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
© 2022 Workday, Inc. A
Name of company seeking application: Alfa Laval
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=6096097f81304cd91af4f0d5cf1a940e
203 total views, 1 today