Full-Time Automation Engineer I – JR0024120
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers, Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
About the Job:
We’re looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to contribute to multiple Alfa Laval Decanter projects. You’ll be instrumental in delivering dependable electrical controls and automation solutions. Managing projects from start to finish, you’ll
handle engineering design, schematic creation, PLC and HMI system setup, manual development, and performance verification. Currently, this is a hybrid opportunity located in Warrington, PA with up to 40% of travel required.
As a part of the team, you will:
- Collaborate with the Sales team to create customer proposals that align with customer requirements and the specifications of Alfa Laval Decanters.
- Manage the control and automation scope of capital Decanter Orders as part of project management responsibilities.
- Conduct engineering design, taking into account customer specifications, electrical codes, calculations, and best practices. Proficiency with CAD software is essential. Demonstrated knowledge of PLC and HMI systems, including but not limited to Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and BnR, is required.
- Be proficient in utilizing Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 and Factory Talk Suite of
- Possess an understanding of various separation processes and actively contribute to the development of system P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagram).
- Specify automation components and provide support to the purchasing team for automation-related procurement. Research and recommend alternative parts to mitigate challenges arising from global supply chain issues.
- Collaborate with panel shops in the design and manufacturing of electrical control systems.
- Develop comprehensive operational manuals in both hard copy and video formats.
- Create test plans and procedures.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) at panel shops and offer on-site support at customer locations.
- Provide customer and field support to troubleshoot and resolve automation-related issues, which may involve travel and direct communication with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Collaborate with the Customer’s Controls/Automation team to
integrate the Alfa Laval Decanter Control system into their SCADA/DCS.
What you know:
You have BA in Electrical Engineering with relevant experience, and:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in automation engineering design and support.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), including hazardous area installations.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/ePlan.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming.
- Familiarity with VFDs and process instrumentation.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows.
Nice To Haves:
- Knowledge of Siemens and BnR
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other develop and create value.
Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more. At Alfa Laval, we carefully consider a wide range of factors to determine your total compensation package. We rely on market indicators and consider your specific job, background, skills, and experience to get it right. The base salary for this role is typically $80,000 to $90,000.
Alfa Laval is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Name of company seeking application: Alfa Laval
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=80ccf4c13fbf3567eaa3d824953a2ec3
120 total views, 1 today