Internship Automation Engineering Intern – JR0009405
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
The Automation Engineer Intern will be responsible for supporting the Engineering & Supply Decanter group in various engineering activities. Some of the responsibilities include:
* Assist with auditing the functionality of the Decanter Connect system: Alarms and Parameters
* Perform an audit of the standard drawing package of Schematics, Layout, and Interconnection Drawings and update as necessary using AutoCad
* Assist reviewing and updating operator’s manual
* Set up ALIOT (Alfa Laval Internet of Things) Portal folders for new customer and provide basic training to new customers on accessing the perform and viewing the data.
* Monitor ALIOT portal for decanter especially the critical shutdown alarms such as Bearing vibration, temperature, and torque. Identify any adverse trends that might require further investigation.
* Learn FT View and complete the Feed Matrix Screen design/development screens/interface.
* Learn Studio 5000 and complete the code for the Feed Matrix Interface system.
* Design and fabricate small scale version of Solids Distribution system with Diverter Gates, level sensors, miniature conveyors to connect to Decanter Connect Lab System
* Participate in local Start-ups as available.
* Participate in FATs (Factory Acceptance Test) at local Panel Shops
What you know
* Working towards Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short-term tasks
* Ability to work independently (this will be a hybrid position)
* Ability to synthesize technical information from multiple sources
* Must be good at technical problem solving.
* Must have a positive customer-focused attitude.
* Strong PC skills including presentations, Excel, Adobe Connect, and Teams
* AutoCAD knowledge or experience a plus
* Rockwell Automation software suite including Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk ME experience helpful (but will train)
* Strong ability to collaborate with other automation and project managers team members
* Experience with the practical application of rotating equipment or manufacturing environment; pumps, valves, motors, electrical controls
* Some travel might be required (5% to 10%) to assist in field service, training, FAT at Panel Shop or Customer sites. Co-op Student will never be expected to travel alone and will always be with an Alfa Laval Employee
***Alfa Laval has a Federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees in Field Service roles, as well as those in the Chesapeake, Greenwood, Houston, Richmond, and Warminster sites. All employees, consultants and contractors working at these sites – including employees associated with these sites who work remotely – will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation exemption is granted. ***
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=dc02dcffcc7c0ab88bd138ff5ed3b083
488 total views, 2 today