JLS Automation is currently accepting candidates for a Buyer position for our corporate office in York, PA. The Buyer will work with a leader in primary and secondary packaging machinery for the food manufacturing industry using cutting-edge robotics technology. We have an exceptional customer-focused and employee-centered culture in a heavy growth mode. JLS® offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to the employee that’s effective on day 1!
Buyer Job Objective
The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of material for jobs at JLS® at the best possible price, service, and delivery. This is a Full Time, Exempt position reporting to the Materials Manager.
Buyer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and assess all procurement options; Drive cost and value improvements across the supply chain, developing value plans and achieving value targets.
- Exercise independent judgment in managing the sourcing of materials and identifying and selecting new suppliers.
- Identify key suppliers and proactively monitor supplier performance; Execute and bind the company in cost improvement projects.
- Issue RFQ, quotation analysis, negotiate, and award contracts.
- Manage existing contracts, dispute resolution, changes, renewals, defaults, etc.
- Oversee and manage inventory and the material ordering process in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy.
- Expedites shipments from JLS vendors in line with JLS required dates.
- Controls all JLS non-confirming parts, products, and reports.
- Issue Purchase Orders and collaborate with production planning and manufacturing operations to optimize production schedules to deliver on-time customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Name of company seeking application: JLS Automation
How to ApplyVisit the JLS Career Site to apply!
43 total views, 3 today