Full-Time Buyer – Engineering and Supply – JR0025932
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people, and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers, Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
About the job
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Buyer to join our team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in project procurement for Engineering and Supply, ensuring seamless component availability to meet installation and commissioning schedules. In
addition, this role involves developing efficient processes with shorter lead times to meet future organizational needs.
This is a Hybrid opportunity located in Richmond, VA.
As a part of the team, you will:
- Generate purchase orders (POs) and perform system administrative activities from PO entry to receiving and invoicing.
- Monitor and expedite purchase orders daily to meet project timelines.
- Coordinate closely with the Purchasing Manager on supplier issues affecting project on-time and on-spec performance.
- Schedule and coordinate the planning/execution of subcontract jobs with external suppliers.
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to internal processes and systems, aiming to increase efficiency, customer service, and reduce costs.
- Proactively communicate and escalate potential delays to project managers, assessing the impact on schedules.
- Resolve PO/invoice
discrepancies and claims with suppliers.
- Participate in supplier development initiatives to enhance lead times, pricing, and measure supplier statistics.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with supplier audits, performance reviews, and monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Evaluate quotes for the best quality, price, and delivery, negotiating Alfa Laval terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Recommend processes/procedures to improve department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
What you know:
You have a BS degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management OR relevant experience, and:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience buying and planning in manufacturing
- Demonstrated interest and capability in Procurement/Purchasing.
- Solid end-to-end supply chain understanding.
- Superior analytical and mathematical/numeracy skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Open-minded and
creative in solution development.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong skills in time management, attention to details, and written & verbal communication.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more. At Alfa Laval, we carefully consider a wide range of factors to determine your total compensation package. We rely on market indicators and consider your specific job, background, skills, and experience to get it
right. The base salary for this role is typically $60,000 to $72,000.
Name of company seeking application: Alfa Laval
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=42bdfe93ca994a173f26b5e1f11c0f3c
190 total views, 1 today