At Delkor Systems, you will find a place where you can learn, innovate, and grow professionally. As one of the fastest growing mid-sized manufacturing companies in the Twin Cities area and the largest U.S. manufacturer of vision-based robotic case packers, we know that our nearly 300 employees are the reason why we are growing stronger year after year.
Are you a self-motivated Supply Chain professional with experience working with internal and external customers and vendors? Do you enjoy providing day-to-day support to ensure the organization has a steady flow of high-quality parts in a timely fashion? If so, Delkor has a spot for you as a Buyer at our Arden Hills, MN location.
Learn more about Delkor here!
- Manage quoting and buying of custom parts (machine parts, sheet metal, frames, etc.). Work with supply chain analysts on negotiation strategies to determine best price.
- Work with vendors on all open orders by sending out weekly open order reports and updating data in the system as required. Open order reports include:
- Checking on past due line items and work with vendors to determine updated receipt dates
- Reviewing line items that need expediting and then working with vendors to reschedule delivery dates
- Following up on purchase orders that have not yet been confirmed to ensure receipt by vendor and delivery date
- Follow established Purchase Order procedures, challenge cost differences with manufacturers and resolve identification problems.
- Communicate with vendors on quality/delivery issues and create corrective action reports when appropriate.
- Work closely and communicate with internal customers on purchased materials regarding due dates, pricing, and/or invoice discrepancies. Internal customers include:
- After-Market Sales
- Project Management
- Production Floor
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities where available.
- Maintain data integrity in the system regarding lot sizes, safety stocks, lead times, pricing, and primary vendor.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree required (or purchasing certification) or a minimum of two years of purchasing experience.
- Purchasing experience in a custom manufacturing environment with high mix, low volume.
- Experience in inventory control and materials management.
- Advanced experience with Excel a plus.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to produce written communication at a professional business level.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and/or non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and accurately convey detailed information.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Able to be assertive and confident when dealing with internal and external customers and able to push back when necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Takes ownership of his or her area(s) of responsibility.
- Understands the need to work productively, making good use of his or her time.
- Able to problem solve issues.
- Well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment, even when encountering challenging situations.
- Sit at a desk or in meetings for extended periods, including performing extensive computer tasks.
- Stand and walk for a portion of the day to interact with other employees.
- Able to judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- Communicate effectively to give and receive detailed information through verbal and/or non-verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and accurately convey detailed information to customers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and other inside and outside the company.
- Ninety percent (90%) of the work duties are performed in an office setting, carrying out detail work sitting at a desk and working on the computer.
- Ten percent (10%) of the work is performed on an assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
Tools and Equipment
- Use general office equipment such as a computer, telephone, printer, copier, calculator and other office equipment as applicable.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associates or better.
Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management.
How to ApplyApply Here
92 total views, 1 today