Full-Time Database Administrator
The Database Administrator will lead the development and ongoing maintenance of Weber’s Business Intelligence back-end architecture and data model. The Database Administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy solutions for current and new business insight needs including new developments, day-to-day configuration, support, and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance the business intelligence architecture and data model to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborate on the conceptual design of the data model to include both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Assist in translating business needs and architectural requirements into database requirements.
- Monitor the enterprise database environment for performance, availability, scalability, and errors.
- Perform all technical configuration changes as needed for new developments, incidents and maintenance changes.
- Assist the IT service desk and act as primary escalation contact for support calls that may involve database platform issues.
- Review and analyze large datasets from multiple systems to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Act as team representative in various meetings as needed where data solutions engineering, and database administration expertise is required to ensure business needs are met.
- Act as liaison for the global BI team including collaborating with other Weber subsidiaries as needed.
- Engage in process improvement projects by providing current state analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Partner with super users to provide interpretation/translation of data observations and that result in effective actionable recommendations.
- Prepare information and make presentations to various audiences including the executive, senior and mid-level managers, and associates.
- Work closely with other system support teams (SAP, Salesforce, etc.) to adapt to any systematic changes.
- Own responsibility for the governance (standards and documentation) of the database architecture and data model developed for Weber Inc.
- Support all data analytics and report design requests.
- Create, maintain, and implement database practices and standards to comply with applicable regulations.
- Review, write and maintain database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using Incorta preferred
- Previous experience working in an ITIL based support organization preferred
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management/Data Analytics or other Information Technology related field of study preferred
- 5+ years of experience working as a database administrator with tools such as Incorta, Tableau, PowerBI, Oracle, SAP BW, or IBM Watson.
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Valid U.S. passport or can obtain one.
- Must have the ability to travel within North America and Germany
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and management. Always strive to provide the Perfect Portion.
How to Applyhttps://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/00d4f345-3765-40aa-b836-49a8ccd6d7b7/Weber-Inc
77 total views, 3 today