Full-Time Director of Sales – Medical/Consumer/Pharmaceutical
This position is based in Kansas City, MO; Denville, NJ; Charlotte, NC; or Chicago, IL.
The Director of Sales provides strategy, leadership, and direction to the Medical/Consumer/Pharmaceutical sales team in achieving capital equipment sales targets. In collaboration with customer service and sales administration teams, this position develops systems, processes, procedures and goal oriented business plans aligned with the company’s goals to facilitate a customer-focused MCP sales group. This position requires experience in capital equipment sales.
This position will travel in excess of 50% with the remainder of the time being spent in the office to ensure proper preparation and follow-up. Domestic and international travel required. Normal business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate travel, customer needs, trade shows, meetings, and customer schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. Participate in the establishment of corporate goals
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Monitors and reports on competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Participates in the planning and execution of industry related trade shows
- Maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with the Multivac Germany team
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products and organization
- Meets with clients, assisting Regional Sales Managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales and administrative related units at Multivac U.S.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness
- Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve Company goals and objectives
- Define, establish and enhance the roles, goals, and responsibilities for all associates within the department. Ensure that all associates are effectively trained and skill sets match performance requirements. General and specific goals are assessed and reviewed on a consistent basis as a team and individually within department.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business, or related field and five years industry related experience in capital equipment sales with progressive managerial responsibilities.
Language Ability: Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in order to motivate, develop, and encourage department staff and communicate with Multivac customers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must have strong presentation skills.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point, and working knowledge of CRM applications required.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises a team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; applying recognition and discipline as appropriate; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and developing associates through coaching, counseling, and mentoring. Ensures effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Name of company seeking application: MULTIVAC
How to ApplyInterested individuals can apply at: Director of Sales MedicalConsumerPharmaceutical - Careers At MULTIVAC Inc. (hrmdirect.com)
42 total views, 1 today