Full-Time Electrical Technician
The Electrical Technician is an experienced machine assembler with knowledge in electrical assembly methods. This person works collaboratively with other Assembly personnel, Production Control, Engineering, Checkout and Project Managers to complete electrical subassemblies for Delkor machines, systems, and makes sure projects are on time and within budget.
The Electrical Technician job description is intended to point out major duties and authorities within the position, but it is not limited to these items.
Interested in learning more about Delkor? Click Here
- Follows established safety protocols and procedures; provides continuous improvement ideas for safety
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment and properly uses other safety equipment when required
- Corrects safety discrepancies and reports any machine or plant safety concerns to the Production Lead
- Ensures that work areas remain well organized and free of clutter
- Maintains 5S and workplace organization standards including daily clean up and weekly tasks
- Meets established quality standards and follows quality procedures; provides continuous improvement ideas for quality
- Corrects quality discrepancies and reports any quality concerns to the Production Lead
- Ensures all Quality Checklists are properly completed
- Works efficiently and provides continuous improvement ideas for cost reduction and waste elimination
- Responsible for accurate labor reporting
- Makes sure work is completed in a timely manner. Advises the Production Lead if dates are not going to be met.
- Daily Responsibilities:
- Works with Production Lead – Electrical to efficiently organize the electrical assembly of machines.
- Completes the assembly of electrical main enclosures, junction boxes, and third-party equipment.
- Completes an Engineering Change Request (ECR) for machine continuous improvement ideas
- Completes a Production Concerns request when discrepancies are discovered.
- Navigate SolidWorks models and drawings to determines the problem(s), and clarify the build process.
- Assist with crating, and shipment of machines.
- Performs electrical assembly of machines per the build book and other documented requirements
- Ensure company electrical standards and guidelines are followed.
- Properly return stock parts on machine build/machine checkout
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent including strong problem solving and math skills.
- Two-year degree and/or formal course work in Robotics, Automated Machinery, or Electrical Panel Building preferred.
- Experience in using an assortment of hand tools.
- Experience in using various types of pneumatic and electrical tools, grinders, band saw, sanders, lifting and moving devises, saws and drills including an assortment of hand tools.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Possess required computer skills to navigate through Web Client, Composer, Navision, and Outlook.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of electrical, pneumatic schematics.
- Understand, practice, and promote the 5S guidelines.
- Able to follow and maintain build standardization procedures including detailed work instructions; pays close attention to machine detail for uniform build practices across all machine lines.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and/or non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment, even when encountering challenging situations.
- Able to work on and troubleshoot unique custom designed equipment including third party equipment.
- Able to problem solve and take direction regarding routine activities and problem resolution.
- Stand and walk for a majority of the day.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Lift 40 pounds regularly; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to find tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- Ninety percent (90%) of the job duties are performed on the assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
- Ten percent (10%) of the work is performed in an office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk and working on the computer, or working at an office table.
Tools and Equipment
- Operate all tools typically used on an assembly floor.
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, copiers, e-mail, and other such equipment.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here
97 total views, 1 today