Full-Time Estimating Team Lead
Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can lead and solve problems? Where you can drive success and make an impact? Where each day brings a new challenge?
An exciting position is currently available for a Lead Estimator in our Project Management Department. We are looking for a candidate with proven experience leading and managing a team to solve complex engineering focused problems in an entrepreneurial environment. This position is primarily responsible for providing leadership to a cross functional team who develops and estimates solutions for varied customers.
Come join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a provider of custom automation equipment that offers project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
- Lead a team to develop solutions, provide concepts, sub deliverables (WBS), cost data and analysis for estimate review and presentations
- Lead a team to develop, track and improve bid and procurement strategies to optimize efficiency and accuracy
- Review and evaluate requests for estimates
- Lead a team to identify and account for risk elements
- Lead a team to develop comprehensive cost estimates
- Review estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Drive internal and external lines of communication
- Validate estimate details and analyze margins
- Manage workload and estimate quality of departmental estimators
- Coordinate and participate in job site visits, less than ten percent travel
- Maintain cost estimating tools to categorize analyze information on past performance and industry standards
- B.S Engineering, or related fields, MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience in capital equipment design/build (protein, confection and pharma material handling experience preferred)
- Work experience in equipment manufacturing, estimating, rapid product development, R&D
- Proven Leadership experience in a fast-paced data driven environment
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills
- Works well within tight time constraints
- Ability to balance competing requirements
- Possess an effective combination of process and business mindsets
- Ability to work at detail level
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Short Term Long Term and Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Holidays and Vacation Days
- Safety Program Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Events
Name of company seeking application: CHL Systems, Inc.
Company contact name: Deb Wightman
Company contact email address: [email protected]
Years of work experience necessary: 5
161 total views, 2 today