Full-Time Field Service Technician
This position is responsible for equipment installation and technical support of Weber, Inc. product lines and maintaining good customer relations. Investigate and resolve customer reports of technical issues with equipment and eliminating future operational or service difficulties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment in a reasonable amount of time. Provides a communication link between the customer and Weber, Inc. to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Installs and/or repairs equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications in a timely manner.
- Communicate with technical logistics manager on a regular basis to give updates on current job status and receive additional job assignments.
- Maintain quality and quantity of work on equipment. Listens attentively and asks questions as appropriate. Complete work assignments with minimum supervision. Retrieve and respond to messages daily on all communication tools.
- Completes Service Documentation in Salesforce on what was repaired during the service call and time spent on the call. Reports are complete, accurate, and submitted at the time of site departure.
- Consistently makes travel arrangements within company policy guidelines and in the most cost effective and time efficient manner possible. Keeps service team members and customers informed of arrival times. Travel arrangement will include: hotel, car rental and airline flights.
- Weekly Expense Reports are completed in accurate and timely manner. All expenses incurred are handled in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide contact information for service team for future service needs and parts needs. Ensure the customer are comfortable with operational and safety procedures of their equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude needed.
- Must have the ability to respond and adjust to changing or new situations. Work well in high stress environments and maintain professionalism in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Needs to be a self-starter and have the ability to work in unsupervised settings.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic mechanical, electronic and operational aspects of machines.
- Responsible for machine service and concentrates on problem solving and preventative maintenance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, as well as having working knowledge of database applications and contact management systems. Salesforce Experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of two years field service, packaging, maintenance or related experience
- Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Valid U.S. passport or have the ability to obtain one.
- Must have the ability to frequently travel within North America and Germany occasionally.
- Up to 75% travel required, depending on customer needs. Must maintain flexible scheduled and work outside of normal business hours, as needed.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner to get along with customers, co-workers and management. Always strive to provide the Perfect Portion.
How to Applyhttps://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/00d4f345-3765-40aa-b836-49a8ccd6d7b7/Weber-Inc
82 total views, 3 today