Full-Time Field Service Technician I – JR0007562
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
The Field Service Technician provides 24/7 on-call field service labor, troubleshooting, and training at customer locations on the mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of decanters, high speed separators and heat exchangers to ensure reliable operation, optimum performance and efficiency.
This includes performing preventive maintenance, emergency and warranty repairs, commissioning of new equipment, system audits and process troubleshooting.
The role also includes managing travel costs and operating expenses associated with field service visits to ensure Alfa Laval is an efficient field service provider. Successful candidates may be eligible for relocation assistance and/or a company car.
Primary Location: Columbia, IL
As a part of the team, you will travel to various locations (75-85%) and perform the following duties:
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment on Separators, Decanters and Heat exchangers
• Install, startup and shut down equipment in accordance to company and customer safety procedure in line with OSHA requirements
• Perform trial test runs when work is completed to ensure performance rates and quality meet established specifications
• Document services provided and parts used for invoicing purposes
• Advise operators and customer line mechanics/ maintenance personnel of operating procedures for working safely around equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance service calls on customer equipment
• Assist customer maintenance personnel with technical and procedural troubleshooting techniques
• Assist and train customer maintenance and supervisory personnel on how to operate equipment and perform maintenance tasks
What you know
You have an Associates Degree or 2+ years of relevant experience, general knowledge of PLCs or processors, and an aptitude for:
• Customer service and sales
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal & written skills
• Troubleshooting and solving technical problems independently
• Working successfully within a team
• Basic PC skills
Please Note: Due to safety requirements while onsite at customer facilities, Technicians may be required to use respirators. Role also requires ability to lift heavy items and perform tasks requiring physical strength (climbing, standing, equipment use).
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=5ca79a710f0fb1542e88bfd884b18692
63 total views, 4 today