Full-Time Field Service Technician in Training – JR0008588
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
The Field Service Technician provides 24/7 on-call field service labor, troubleshooting, and training at customer locations on the mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of decanters, high speed separators and heat exchangers to ensure reliable operation, optimum performance and efficiency.
This includes performing preventive maintenance, emergency and warranty repairs, commissioning of new equipment, system audits and process troubleshooting.
The role also includes managing travel costs and operating expenses associated with field service visits to ensure Alfa Laval is an efficient field service provider. Successful candidates may be eligible for relocation assistance, a housing allowance, and/or a company car.
As a part of the team, you will travel to various locations (75-85%) and perform the following duties:
• Weekly, on the job training supervised by an Alfa Laval Field Service Mentor Technician
• Learns to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment on Alfa Laval Separators, Decanters and Heat exchangers
• Trains to install, startup and shut down equipment in accordance to company and customer safety procedure in line with OSHA requirements.
• Prepares practice written service reports for work performed on each job to be evaluated by the Field Service Technician in charge of that specific job.
• Create job time and expense reports, job expense reports, and payroll reports as required by all field service technicians.
• After three to six months of training, will begin performing preventive maintained preventive maintenance or simple service calls on one product line under the direct supervision of an Alfa Laval Field Service Technician
• After one year, the Technician in Training will be evaluated to determine whether they have successfully completed training and can be promoted to a Field Service Technician position.
What you know
No experience necessary. Interest in training with mechanical and electrical focus or technical. Aptitude for:
• Customer service and sales
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal & written skills
• Troubleshooting and solving technical problems independently
• Working successfully within a team
• Basic PC skills
Please Note: Due to safety requirements while onsite at customer facilities, Technicians may be required to use respirators. Role also requires ability to lift heavy items and perform tasks requiring physical strength (climbing, standing, equipment use).
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7aabb5e959425640f5008ebd957a6433
633 total views, 1 today