Full-Time Food Safety Specialist – Europe – Italian Speaking
Commercial Food Sanitation, LLC (CFS), an Intralox company, integrates strategic consulting, expertise, and training to provide durable solutions to food safety and sanitation challenges for food processing plants. CFS designs food safety prerequisite programs for plants of the future. CFS has established a solid reputation for success in improving quality food safety and operational effectiveness. CFS is dedicated to delivering the highest levels of quality food safety and operational effectiveness, to protect their customers’ brand reputation and long-term business profitability. Customers can be confident CFS solutions will address the most important aspects of both consumer confidence and compliance.
Could you be our new Food Safety Specialist? In this exciting role, you will be part of our team in helping the food industry get stronger in Food Safety with a specific focus on Hygienic Design and Sanitation. This role will work with local, regional, and global food processors, as well as equipment manufacturers, to provide strategic, expert, recommendations on food safety, related food hygiene programs, and hygienic design. This will occur in continuous improvement efforts, troubleshooting, and project support. Engagement as a trainer in the CFS Institute will also be a significant aspect to this position. The position can be either home office based or based at the Intralox EMEA Headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Commercial Food Sanitation is a part of Intralox, L.L.C. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit the Intralox Careers website.
What will you do?
- Work with customers to implement recommendations of best practices and procedures on programs, cleaning methods, designs, pathogen controls, allergen management, and other food safety challenges
- Trainer in the CFS Institute to support training programs and customized workshops.
- Work with Intralox Sales Managers and industry teams to deepen customer partnerships and value in the hygiene field
- Provide food safety and quality recommendations in the development and improvement of hygienic designs of equipment and facilities to customers
- Travel to customer locations in EMEA +60% of the working week with occasional travel to other regions and countries.
Who are you?
- B.S., Masters, or Ph.D. in the Food Science/applied food science or related field.
- 5+ years of knowledge and experience in the food industry as a Manager, Supervisor, or Subject Matter Expert role in a food manufacturing or processing company in a Quality, Food safety, or Sanitation role.
- Deep knowledge of cleaning & disinfection in a food manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of food microbiology
- Familiar with Hygienic Design principles and processes from a food manufacturer’s perspective.
- Knowledge of general food manufacturing, as well as quality systems and programs required to manage quality and food safety
- Effective written and verbal English and Italian communication skills with all levels of personnel within a customer’s company and Intralox. Additional language skills in French would bring an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively work in a team; set priorities, utilize, and coordinate resources, and manage projects with little supervision.
- Desire and ability to travel up to 55% of the time. International travel may be required at times.
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Able to work out of the Amsterdam office or from home
What do we offer?
- An exciting fast-paced environment with unlimited opportunities for growth
- A culture grounded in ideas, teamwork, and effort
- A passionate and engaged team that invests in each other’s success and takes pride in their work
- A performance-based profit-sharing program
- Great secondary benefits, such as generous pension and health insurance contribution
How to ApplyApply online at https://commercialfoodsanitation.com/about-us/careers/food-safety-specialist-europe-italian-speaking/
433 total views, 1 today