Full-Time Machine Builder
We are currently looking for Machine Builders to join our team! The Machine Builder works collaboratively with the Assembly Team Leads to complete the assembly of Delkor machines.
Interested in learning more about Delkor? Click Here
- Assist Machine Builder and Assembly Team Leads with the assembly process of machines.
- Verify that all parts are available for assembly.
- Document assembly time on time sheet; accurately record rework time on time sheet.
- Drill and tap holes, layout and install weld studs.
- Assembles component parts to machine frame.
- Insert sub-assemblies into main frame.
- Installs main electrical enclosures and J- boxes during the build process; installs electrical panels into enclosures.
- Check out any additional parts needed from the stock room, as needed.
- Red line machine build drawing issues and fill out an Engineering Change Request (ECR) or DMR as required.
- Report any machine or plant safety concerns to a Production Manager, Production Supervisor, or Team Lead.
- Ensure that the assembly floor area remains well organized and free of clutter.
- Can properly run cables, and hoses neatly through cable tray and raceways.
- Monitor customer’s specifications per the build sheet.
- Operate the forklift on the assembly floor (if certified).
- Assist with the training of new assembly floor employees.
- Proposes suggestions for improvements.
- Assist with setting up of machines.
- Assist with crating, and shipment of machines.
- Ensure change parts and spare parts are included in the shipping crate when required.
- Complete or update the assembly check off sheet during the build process.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two year Automated Packaging degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Program Logic Controller (PLC) and RS Logics Series 5000.
- Minimum of one year experience as a packaging machinery assembler.
- Experience in using various types of pneumatic and electrical tools, grinders, band saw, sanders, lifting and moving devises, saws and drills including an assortment of hand tools.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Possess required computer skills to navigate through Web Client, Composer, Navision, and Outlook.
- Use Solid works to review drawings and determine any assembly issues with fit, form or function.
- Assist with basic mechanical troubleshooting during the build process.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of electrical, pneumatic schematics.
- Understand, practice, and promote the 5 S guidelines.
- Ability to read, understand, and analyze machine drawings.
- Improve skills and competency by progressing through the skills matrix.
- Interpersonal Communication:
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Work Ethic:
- Strong attention to details.
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive work place environment under stressful situations.
- Problem Solving
- Able to work on and troubleshoot unique custom designed equipment including third party equipment.
- Able to solve problems and take direction regarding routine activities and problem resolution.
The Machine Builder must be able to:
- Stand or walk for the majority of a workday.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, and arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Regularly lift 40 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- Operate both cars and trucks.
- The majority of job duties are performed on the assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
The Machine Builder must be able to:
- Operate all tools typically used on an assembly floor.
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copiers, e-mail, calculator and other such equipment.
Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1 year: Experience as a packaging machinery assembler. Experience using various types of pneumatic and electrical tools, grinders, band saw, sanders, lifting and moving devises, saws and drills including an assortment of hand tools.
How to ApplyApply Here
41 total views, 2 today