Full-Time Machine Center – Shop Assistant
The Shop Assistant works collaboratively with the Advanced Machine Center staff to successfully provide support in 5S initiatives, 3D printing, saw, and work order management.
- Saw support:
- Select the correct raw material and cut it to size according to the Engineering drawing and best machine practices.
- Operate the band saw, table saw, and cold saw along with buffers and grinders.
- Receive raw material and enter inventory transactions.
- 3D Printer support:
- Changing materials
- Loading and unloading machine
- 5S Support:
- General housekeeping as needed
- Monitor and organize cut raw material
- Monitor drops (scrap materials) for use on other jobs and to ensure inventory control; receive scrapped parts from machinist prior to re-sawing of raw material.
- Perform Daily cycle counts on raw material inventory
- Work Order Support:
- Pair and staple work orders and organize paperwork
- Make sure correct work order is on floor
- Clean work area and shop floor as needed but completely at the end of the shift.
- Keep work area in an environmentally safe condition at all times.
- Assist with machine assembly when assigned.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of one year of experience in a machine shop, preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as a Shop Assistant in a job shop environment, preferred.
- Experience in using various types of pneumatic and electrical tools including air tools, grinders, band saw, sanders, buffers, lifting & moving devices (forklift, pallet jack), saws and drills, preferred.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable about the basic parts of machine shop saws.
- Proficient with basic math skills.
- Able to read, understand, and analyze engineering drawings, preferred.
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve issues related to sawing, buffing and grinding, preferred.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Well organized with an aptitude for details.
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment under stressful situations.
- Stand or walk for the majority of a workday.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, and arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also, able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Regularly lift 40 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- The majority of the job duties are performed in the Machine Shop (or on the Assembly Floor) with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
Tools and Equipment:
- Operate all hand tools and all pneumatic and air tools typically found in a machine shop.
- Operate band, table and cold saws with accuracy.
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, copiers, e-mail, calculator and other such equipment.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here
95 total views, 1 today