Full-Time Machine Checkout Technician
We are looking for Machine Checkout Technicians who will use their skills and talents to efficiently and timely perform the functions of equipment checkout and testing.
- Serve as a primary technician for Delkor machines and projects.
- Perform all checkout and equipment testing functions.
- Confirm that all information and testing materials, including product, are ready for the checkout team when checkout is scheduled to start.
- Ensure that timelines for machine shipments are met, or if they cannot be met to communicate that information in a timely fashion to the Production Manager.
- Monitor customer specification change requirements on individual machine assemblies.
- Assist with the development of standards for checkout procedures and time requirement.
- This position primarily works onsite at Delkor, occasional travel to customer facilities to address service problems or installations when needed.
- Work with the Engineering Department and Machine Shop staff to problem solve.
- 90% of the job duties are performed on the assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes. 10% of the job is performed in an office setting.
- Two-year Automated Packaging Degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in packaging machinery assembly with experience as a service technician or equivalent.
- Experienced in using various types of pneumatic and electrical tools including air tools, grinders, band saw, sanders, lifting and moving devices, saws and drills.
- Experienced in using an assortment of hand tools.
- Able to read, understand, and analyze machine drawings.
- Able to problem solve and take direction regarding routine activities and problem resolution.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills; deals well with a variety of people and personalities; communicates clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to stand or walk for the majority of a workday.
- Able to speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and others inside and outside the company.
- Able to apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, and arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Must possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment, and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Able to see and judge distances and spatial relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- Able to lift 40 pounds regularly and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Associates or better.
Technical/other training or better.
2 years: Packaging machinery assembly with experience as a service technician or equivalent
How to ApplyApply Here
238 total views, 1 today