Full-Time Machinist I – JR0015733
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
OBJECTIVE (broad function, scope and purpose for the position)
Performs a variety of duties to disassemble, inspect, repair, measure and assemble products and subassemblies to bring them up to specification standards. Additionally, sets up and operates machine tools, fits and assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines. Products supported include high speed separator, decanter, WHE units, pump, and valve for our internal and external customers
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
* Perform equipment receipt, uncrate, clean, strip and tear down units
* Inspect, repair, service, test and package following the companies policies, procedures, quality standards and Safety guidelines
* Works from drawings, parts lists, blueprints, charts, tables and graphs to evaluate and assist in estimating repair costs, time and materials or parts needed to repair assemblies and subassemblies
* Follow the quality plan per job to repair product
* Diagnoses, checks and corrects mechanical functions through adjustments, using various tools and approved repair methods
* Sets up and operates test stands and related equipment as required
* Record written test results on appropriate test documents
* Paints, packs, crates, and documents shipment of units, parts and materials
* Moves material inside shop as needed (using forklifts, cranes, etc.)
* Recognizes and communicates the need for replenishment of supplies, tools, need repair parts and other facility needs to supervision in a timely manner
* Keeps work area and surrounding equipment clean and organized. Performs housekeeping as required at the facility to maintain a professional presentation – (follows 5S guidelines)
* Sets up and balances rotating equipment using approved balancing methods as required.
* May be asked to perform some field service work from time to time (not frequent or required)
* Active participant in ALPS meetings
* Reconstructs parts using manual machining equipment and utilizing mechanical machinist/engineering principles.
+ Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece(s) to be machined
+ Determines sequence of operations and machines required by studying specifications, such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part or description of part.
+ Plans, sets up and executes assignments using machine tools ranging from drills, lathes to milling machines.
o Independently identifies, selects adjusts, tools, jaws and fixtures appropriate for the repair
* Utilizes precision measuring instruments to check accuracy of work.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPONENTS (level of functional responsibility, level of direction received, and ability to initiate work):
The Machinist reports to the Service Center Manager or Supervisor. Must work unsupervised performing job responsibilities as trained and instructed. Works effectively in a strong team environment; continually seeking ways to improve repair process and technique (continuous improvement). Cooperates with team leads (or designee) and must be able to interact in a professional manner with administrative staff and co-workers.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
First run yield issues (productivity – amount of rework)
Shop Order Variances
Completing jobs within standard timeframes
End result high quality output according to company standards
KEY COMPETENCIES NEEDED:
F1: Concern for Excellence – Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others.
F2: Customer Service Orientation – Concerned to provide a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients; goes out of way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
B3: Building and Maintaining Relationships – Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts other at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
B5: Flexibility – Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstance
B2: Teamwork – Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED:
* Education (degree or years) and/or Certification/Registration:
High School degree or Equivalent.
* Type and Length of Experience:
Typically 2-3 years machine shop / manual repair environment – preferred
Experience operating fork lift trucks, hand pallet jacks and overhead cranes.
Experience with vibration analyzing / balancing equipment a plus
Machine shop training in mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout, machining procedures and complicated blue prints / drawings – preferred
Precision machining with experience in setting up and operating machine shop equipment, such as lathes, mills, drill presses – preferred
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
Ability to operate a variety of manual machines, vertical and horizontal grinders and radial drill
Ability to perform own setups of jaws, fixtures and tooling
Experience using a variety of precision measuring tools including micrometers, bore gauges, venires, taper gauges and dial indicators
Working knowledge of both metric and English measurement systems
Demonstrated ability to read and understand complicated blue prints, drawings, sketches and work instructions
Demonstrated good mechanical aptitude
Demonstrated ability to diagnose mechanical problems
Basic computer knowledge and MS office suite (clocking in and out, scanning bar codes, photos)
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
* Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment and/or motor vehicle use):
Must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs. as required.
Must wear company supplied uniforms and maintain professional business presentation
* Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure):
Typical shop environment and machinery – concrete floors. See site specific MSDS information
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, signing of Non-Competition and/or Invention Agreements):
Signing Invention and Confidentiality Agreement required
Travel may be requested for field service work (not a requirement)
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=3ce3b2eb6bd79b4b8c9bc76604977eeb
188 total views, 1 today