Full-Time Maintenance Technician – JR0024563
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
As a member of our team, you thrive in a truly diverse and inclusive workplace based on care and empowerment. You are here to make a difference. Constantly building bridges to the future with sustainable solutions that have an impact on our planet’s most urgent problems. Making the world a better place. Every day.
The Maintenance Technician assists in the daily operations and maintenance of equipment and processes in the Service Center to ensure customers receive quality products on time as requested. The technician will monitor and maintain the Ultrasonic tanks among other equipment’s and dispose hazardous waste materials.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
* Performs general maintenance, inspection and troubleshooting on equipment for the Service Center such as Ultrasonic tanks, tunnel wash, oven, dye pen booths, pneumatic & hydraulic tools, lighting, pumps, filters, electrical lift tables, forklifts, manual lathe & milling machines, balancing equipment, etc.
* Understand and follow safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
* Plans and implements a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure facility and equipment are safe and in good working order.
* Recommend and perform the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems.
* Works with plant operators to improve equipment uptime, capacity utilization and efficiency.
* Work with Onsite staff and OEM’s to ensure maximum equipment uptime.
* Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
* Complete documentation needed to support troubleshooting procedures and data reports.
* Plan, manage, perform the preventative & corrective maintenance (PM) activities using the PM software.
* Document PM activities, chemical bath & waste records and provide the documentation to AL management for tracking purposes.
* Maintenance of the Service Center equipment around the clock, if necessary.
* Implement and sustain Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
* Practice good safety knowledge and behaviors related to chemical handling.
* Collect and analyze chemical cleaning samples per schedule in a basic lab setting.
* Titrate and adjust chemical cleaning baths on a routine basis.
* Performs other production and maintenance tasks as assigned by management.
* Active leadership of ALPS initiatives and status boards
+ Lead and participate in the Problem Resolution Process (PRP)
+ Train on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Reports to Service Center Manager. Team member must be proactive and work independently to maintain the Service Center equipment. Must work unsupervised performing job responsibilities as trained and instructed. Cooperate with Team Leader (or designee) and work effectively in a strong team environment; continually seeking ways to improve. Must be able to interact in a professional manner with administrative staff and co-workers.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
* Safety Participate, lead, and facilitate in all required safety trainings following all EHS policies.
* Quality Mean time to repair (MTTR) & Mean time before failures (MTBF)
* Delivery Overall equipment Efficiency (OEE)
* Cost Completing repairs within budget.
ALFA LAVAL CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED
F1: Concern for Excellence – Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others.
F2: Customer Service Orientation – Concerned to provide a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients; goes out of way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
B3: Building and Maintaining Relationships – Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts other at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
B5: Flexibility – Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstance.
B2: Teamwork – Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED
* Education (degree or years) and/or Certification/Registration: Associate degree, Trade School, or 5+ years of relevant experience, general knowledge of PLCs or processors. Certification in hazardous material handling and disposal.
* Type and Length of Experience:
+ Familiarity with automation technology like automated cranes, pumps, filters, motors, lathes.
+ Industrial electrician with 3 years minimum electrical and mechanical experience in a production/manufacturing environment. Some formal electrical/instrumentation education preferred.
+ Experience in monitoring chemical cleaning solution by sampling and titration measurement highly desired
* Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
+ Communicate with Supervisors or Peers — Providing information to managers and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
+ Demonstrated ability understanding Piping, Instrumentation Diagrams (PID), blueprints, drawings, sketches, manuals, and work instructions.
+ Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards for self and others.
+ Technically competent in area of responsibility; able to use applicable company systems and programs efficiently.
+ Enthusiastic and committed; demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long time periods.
+ Knowledge in basic wastewater handling and demonstrated mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
+ Basic computer knowledge, MS Office Suite, and experience in operating equipment with PLC displays (PLC coding experience not required)
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
* Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment use):
+ Ability to lift 60 pounds occasionally.
+ Certified Equipment operation (Forklift, Order Picker, Turret Truck)
+ Must wear company supplied uniforms and maintain professional business presentation.
+ Typical shop environment and machinery – concrete floors. See site specific SDS information.
* Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure):
+ Hazardous material handling required
+ This job may require the periodic use of a respirator.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, motor vehicle use, etc.)
* 24/7 Emergency Response: If the fault cannot be resolved over the telephone or via remote service, you will require a technician on location.
* Occasional weekend project work required.
* Travel may be requested for field service work (not a requirement) and for training of related chemistry, chemical cleaning processes and equipment.
* Signing Invention and Confidentiality Agreement
Name of company seeking application: Alfa Laval
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=0051829efc8f7bf8a792835f2ddf67eb
68 total views, 2 today