Full-Time Material Handling Supervisor
Material Handling Supervisor
Oversee all material handling functions for assigned area including shipping and receiving, dispatching, stockroom and distribution operations ensuring efficiencies and achieving operational objectives. Provide expertise to others as needed. Prioritize as required while overseeing the work of assigned team. Staff, supervise, evaluate and develop employees as needed.
- Manage the Material Handling staff including maintaining proper staffing levels, planning and coordinating work, training and motivating employees, evaluating performance, coaching and disciplining employees as needed.
- Supervise the picking and packing of material for internal and external use.
- Responsible for physical custody, accuracy and overall safeguarding of inventory.
- Supervise, plan and direct the shipping/receiving function in order to secure the most cost effective methods, and carriers.
- As a supervisor in the organization, it is your responsibility to oversee and direct the work of assigned staff and balance the work load appropriately; accomplish your own work in an organized, timely manner and effectively manage approved budgets; take responsibility for the training, development and evaluation of assigned staff; and, ensure smooth teamwork with other functions. Additionally, it is your responsibility to ensure high quality standards are established and maintained; recommend continuous improvement ideas and work with management on developing implementation plans; take personal responsibility for service excellence, sustainability and safe working practices; and, understand and ensure compliance with our Principles & Values and all company policies and procedures.
Job Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Able to operate a forklift, pallet jack and hand tools as required for handling of material.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
- Must work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have a strong understanding of warehouse and inventory processes.
- Able to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the Material Handling workforce
Professional Work Experience
- Five or more years of management experience in a warehouse or distribution environment.
Educational and/or Training Requirements
- BS in Business Administration, Business Management, Operations Management or related field of study.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk and hear. May be required to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Gross motor skills: required to walk, feel, reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch. May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Fine motor skills: required to use hands and fingers for use of keyboard and/or shop tools.
- Visual acuity: close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel: able to travel using all forms of transportation
- Typical office environment
- Normal Provisur shop and/or warehouse environment
- While traveling, may require overnights in-transit or in a hotel
- While visiting customers, environment may include all elements of a shop floor, cold room and/or food processing production center. Smell, temperature and humidity may vary based on the work performed.
How to Apply
Apply to the following link: click here to apply
48 total views, 3 today