Full-Time Mechanical Engineer
Provide mechanical engineering support for the design, manufacture and assembly of food processing machines. This includes modification of existing designs to meet customer needs as well as design of new systems. Plan, schedule, prioritize and organize workday to maximize use of time in meeting deadlines and responding to unscheduled events.
- Utilize a mechanical systems background to provide technical support to the manufacturing department.
- Investigate production problems related to parts design, fit or function and/or system/process design.
- Conduct defect analysis with oversight. Determine root cause and recommend countermeasures and improvements.
- Utilizes schematics, drawings, specifications and supporting documentation when evaluating parts/products/process.
- Research, evaluate and develop domestic sources for parts.
- Issues Engineering Change Orders and technical documents. Collect and/or organize data, produce analysis for decision making.
- Evaluate production parts and make recommendations for cost savings and process improvement.
- Review product designs for manufacturability, cost and quality.
- Recommend design changes to improve functionality of machines.
- Develop quotes for parts and assemblies that are manufactured in-house.
- Work with sales department to develop product specifications, test methods and interpret customer requirements for in-house design/manufacturing of projects.
- Monitor project outcomes and results and make recommendations for future design changes based on observations.
- Establish course of action for projects and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Lead customer/supplier technical communication. Setup complex Bill of Material (BOM) structures.
- Able to operate with limited supervision. Utilize Autodesk Inventor for investigations and to update product drawings to comply with engineering changes.
- Design sheet metal products utilizing Autodesk Inventor for manufacturing on metal fabrication equipment (laser and brake).
- May attend seminars / project training.
- May travel to provide customer support concerning quality and product issues.
- May be assigned additional duties and/or special projects.
- May have to work overtime based on company needs.
- Requires 0-5 year’s experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Inventor preferred).
- Experience with ERP systems (Made 2 Manage) recommended.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Must be results oriented, energetic, proactive, self-starter, and a team player.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience
- Benefits include paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, and 401k with a company match
Name of company seeking application: Quantum Technical Services, Inc
Company contact name: Debbie Cummins
Company contact email address: [email protected]
How to ApplySend resume to Debbie @ [email protected]
44 total views, 1 today