Full-Time Mechanical Engineer ll
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team at Delkor! The Mechanical Engineer II drives technical projects, while leading Mechanical Engineers and Designers within the design group. Daily duties are mainly performed with minimal supervision and include completing designs that fulfill product specifications to a high level of quality while meeting project deadlines. This individual is responsible for mentoring others in good design practices as well.
- Lead design projects and customer machine orders. Direct the daily activities of subordinates assigned to the project. The word “project” is defined as (but not limited to) development tasks, sales orders, warranty parts/repairs, etc.
- Authority to direct and dictate with minimal intervention by the Engineering Manager (New Product Development or Commercial Products).
- Perform engineering tasks such as creating detailed product specifications, performing calculations and analysis, designing and testing prototype assemblies, creating machine layouts, structuring BOMs, and creating detail and assembly drawings.
- Call for design review before releasing of assemblies.
- Process machine system orders with difficulty rating level 2 and 3 on a scale of 3.
- Report project and order status to the Engineering Manager (New Product Development or Commercial Products) on a regular basis.
- Assist the Engineering Manager (New Product Development or Commercial Products) with estimating hours and personnel required to complete a project, upon request. Is responsible for making every reasonable effort to meet these estimates.
- Report projects that are falling behind schedule to the Engineering Manager (New Product Development or Commercial Products) in a timely manner so corrective action can be made.
- Take an active role in machine order reviews, application reviews, machinery-planning meetings, design reviews, cost reviews and completed project reviews.
- Assist assembly floor and manufacturing when called upon to solve engineering problems.
- Assist the Service Department with issues found in the field. This may be in the form of in-house activity or travel to the customer’s site.
- Report to the Engineering Manager (New Product Development or Commercial Products) and Director of Engineering any machine-related performance or safety concerns that are not being addressed. Takes corrective action without further authorization.
- Authority to make sound engineering decisions regarding designs, machinery problem solving, meeting with vendors, scheduling his or her workday, etc.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BSME plus four years of experience or two a year Associates Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of eight years machine design experience.
- A minimum of five years of related-industry experience designing with SolidWorks or similar 3-D solid modeling package strongly preferred.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and problem-solve complex mechanical systems, drawings, and engineering-related design tools.
- Ability to mentor and lead others on designs and projects.
- FEA and motion analysis.
- Machine controls systems and capabilities.
- Servo motor-driven packaging machinery experience.
- Knowledge of BOM structures, release procedures, and product data management systems (PDM).
- Apply economical manufacturing methods and cost-reduction techniques.
- Ability to plan and track projects accurately.
- Able to use standard computer programs for work processing including Microsoft Office products.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Well organized with an aptitude for details.
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive work place environment under stressful situations.
- Sit at a desk or in meetings for extended periods, including performing extensive computer tasks.
- Possess arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull machine parts on the floor.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully operate basic hand tools and other detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- The majority of duties are performed in an office setting, carrying out detail work sitting at a desk and working on the computer.
- Ten to twenty percent (10-20%) of the work is performed on an assembly floor or at customer sites with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
- The estimated amount of time spent traveling to customer sites is ten to twenty percent (10-20%).
Tools & Equipment
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copiers, e-mail, calculator and other such equipment.
- Use basic hand tools including as wrenches, pliers, screwdriver, voltmeter, etc.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Associates or better in Engineering.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
4-8 years: Machine Design Experience
How to ApplyApply Here
50 total views, 3 today