Full-Time Mid-Shift Maintenance Technician
With our roots in northeast Indiana, we are a family-owned company that has been raising and processing chickens with the help of local farmers since the early ’40s. Since our start all those years ago, we have been dedicated to producing both organic and all-natural, high-quality chicken, with strict animal welfare standards and the highest quality. We specialize in premium, wholesome, and great-tasting chicken, and you can find our chicken at grocery stores like Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Meijer, and many smaller regional stores. While we have grown, we have continued our dedication to quality, and to keep our valued employees safe during these trying times, because without them none of it would be possible. If you are looking for a company that stands by its employees and treats them like family, we continue to seek members to be part of our team.
Are you a mechanically-inclined individual that enjoys working on machinery? Our Maintenance department wants you and your skills to join our family! As a maintenance technician, you will be responsible for maintaining, diagnosing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on equipment and having a basic knowledge of all maintenance functions including welding, general plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical. Lubricate machinery, change parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and detect problems.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, mark defective areas, or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies to maintain and replenish stock.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and refuse to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Must know and pass all tests for Confined Space Entry, Hot Work Permit program, pallet jack, forklift, scissor lift, and LOTO
- Able to perform NELS checks
- And all other duties assigned
100% of our operations are located in the surrounding communities of northeast Indiana and southern Michigan. At Miller Poultry, our employees enjoy the following:
- Competitive pay
- Full-time schedule
- Excellent health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employee store with a discount on Miller Poultry products
- State-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology
If you are ambitious and take pride in your work, we are your employer. As we continue to grow, opportunities for advancement are endless!
Salary Range: $22.0000 To 28.0000 Hourly
Name of company seeking application: Miller Poultry
How to ApplyTo apply follow this link - Mid-Shift Maintenance Tech Position
80 total views, 2 today