Full-Time NC Machinist
Delkor is currently looking for a NC Machinist to join our team on 2nd shift or weekend shift. The Machinist provides parts and support for the assembly of Delkor machines.
Interested in learning more about Delkor? Click Here
Check out Delkor’s Advanced Machining Center here
- Work with a safety-first attitude and encourage others to do the same.
- Consistently deliver quality parts to the customer by meeting or exceeding the Advanced Machining Center (AMC) quality goals.
- Work independently at assigned CNC and/or NC manual machine(s).
- Complete daily job requisitions:
- Work within the time standards given.
- Utilize priority list to plan daily tasks.
- Make recommendations on process improvements and changes:
- Work collaboratively with other machinists to develop “best practices.”
- Work with programmer and estimator/routing analyst to ensure time standards can be met.
- Make tooling and work holding suggestions to improve current processes.
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of equipment assigned:
- Keep work area in an environmentally safe condition at all times.
- Monitor daily/monthly maintenance of equipment.
- Keep machine tools organized.
- Assist with raw material stock loading and unloading.
- Notify the AMC Manager, team lead or supervisor when supplies are low to ensure proper inventory control.
- Assist and train other machinists as needed or upon request.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two-year degree in machining or 2+ years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience setting up and operating CNC machines preferred.
- Exposure to programming using CAM system, conversationally and/or G Code.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and have programming experience.
- Proficient with basic math skills and conversion from imperial to metric system.
- Knowledgeable on the basic parts for manufacturing machines.
- Able to troubleshoot and independently problem solve issues related to machining on a mill/lathe.
- Well organized with a strong aptitude for details.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively as a team member to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Takes ownership of his or her area(s) of responsibility.
- Understands the need to work productively, making good use of his or her time.
- Able to maintain a positive work environment, even when encountering challenging situations.
- Stand and walk for most of the workday.
- Able to judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to fine tolerances, including reading spreadsheets and other documents.
- Communicate effectively to give and receive detailed information through verbal and/or non-verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and accurately convey detailed information to customers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, and others inside and outside the company.
- Possess arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull machining parts and the like typically used by the AMC.
- The majority of the job duties are performed on the production floor in the AMC with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals, plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises, and odors from the production process.
Tools & Equipment
- Use various types of hand tools and stationary equipment typically found in a machining center.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Technical/other training or better in Machining Tool Technology.
Exposure to programming using CAM system, conversationally and/or G Code.
Experience setting up and operating CNC machines.
How to ApplyApply Here
86 total views, 1 today