Full-Time PHE Mechanic – JR0007262
Plate Heat Exchanger (PHE) Mechanic
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
Perform equipment receipt, inspection, repair, testing and packaging following the companies quality standards, SOPs and safety guidelines. This position disassembles PHEs, cleans and rebuilds to new standard.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Receive, count, verify, label and store all parts
• Uncrate, remove gaskets, and disassemble
• Complete Preliminary, Actual, Final Inspection reports and read PLA/Drawings as job moves through shop
• Dye penetration inspection process – take plate into room, spray die on one side and inspect under black light for holes, cracks or other irregularities in plates. Rinse remaining dye from plates
• Cleans units (pressure wash), paints if specified
• Install new gaskets per specification (glue, snap or clip)
• Packs, crates and documents shipment of units, parts and materials.
• Move material inside shop or other duties as needed (using forklifts, cranes, etc.)
• Directly responsible for keeping work area and surrounding equipment clean and organized. Performs housekeeping as required at the facility to maintain a professional presentation – (follows 5S standards)
• Uncrate as necessary to add additional items for customer as directed by Capital Sales
• Uncrate customer supplied parts and assemble or repackage as necessary for shipping or customer pick-up.
• Pickup/Deliver Customer Equipment every couple months/as necessary
What you know:
We would prefer that you have experience in a manual shop environment, but not required. We would also prefer that you have experience operating forklift trucks, hand pallet jacks and overhead cranes. You will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
You should be able to use measuring devices (tape measure, depth micrometer) as required.
Good hand eye coordination, flexible, Team Player and have basic hand tool experience and application. You should have the ability to follow directions, with strong attention to detail, read, write, and effectively communicate in the English language. You should also have basic computer knowledge, basic MS office skills (clocking in and out, scanning bar codes, taking photos)
We are looking for colleagues with strong problem-solving skills, systematic and quality-conscious work ethic to provide our customers with the highest level of service. It is important that you are flexible, independent, resilient, and thrive in a very active environment.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=a780a81e58c55bc34b3bb13a92fb118c
226 total views, 2 today