Full-Time Plate Heat Exchanger Mechanic – JR0012007
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
OBJECTIVE (broad function, scope and purpose for the position):
Perform equipment receipt, inspection, repair, testing and packaging following the company’s quality standards, SOPs, WI’s and safety guidelines. This position disassembles PHEs, cleans and rebuilds to new standard.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
• Assist in shipping, receiving, counting, labeling and distribution of Alfa Laval parts/customer equipment
• Uncrates, assist in removing gaskets, disassembles
• For glued gaskets – after removed from nitrogen tank, strip gaskets and stack plates on skid in preparation for cleaning
• Dye penetration inspection process – take plate into room, spray die on one side and assist with others performing the inspection. After dye pen inspection, rinse remaining dye from plates
• Cleans units and plates (pressure wash)
• Install new gaskets per specification (snap or clip)
• For glued gaskets – post cure inspection, remove tape and chip away excess glue as needed. Assist in stacking plates for assembly either configure per specification for plate packs or assemble to frame per drawing
• For clip or snap on – assure gasket is secure – assist in stacking plates for assembly either configure per specification for plate packs or assemble to frame per drawing
• Moves material as needed via forklifts, overhead cranes, mobile tables, hand trucks, etc.
• Recognizes and communicates the need for replenishment of supplies
• Directly responsible for keeping work area and surrounding equipment clean and organized. Performs housekeeping as required at the facility to maintain a professional presentation – (follows 5S standards)
• Assist personnel with uncrating customer supplied parts and assemble or repackage as necessary for shipping
• Participate in On-The-Job training for self with direction from others
• Active and positive participant in ALPS and improvement initiatives
• Performs other duties as directed by Management
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPONENTS (level of functional responsibility, level of direction received, and ability to initiate work):
The PHE Mechanic reports to the Service Center Manager or Supervisor. Must work unsupervised performing job responsibilities as trained and instructed. Works effectively in a strong team environment; continually seeking ways to improve repair process (continuous improvement) and techniques. Cooperates with team leader (or designee) and must be able to interact in a professional manner with administrative staff and co-workers.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
Safety – work safely and following all EH&S policies
First run yield issues (productivity – amount of rework)
Completing jobs within standard times
End result high quality output according to company standards
Meeting acknowledged delivery times
KEY COMPETENCIES NEEDED:
F1: Concern for Excellence – Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others.
F2: Customer Service Orientation – Concerned to provide a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients; goes out of way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
B3: Building and Maintaining Relationships – Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts other at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
B5: Flexibility – Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstance
B2: Teamwork – Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED:
• Type and Length of Experience:
Experience in a manual shop environment, preferred but not necessary
Experience operating fork lift trucks, hand pallet jacks and overhead cranes, preferred
• Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
Able to use measuring devices (tape measure, depth micrometer) as required
Good hand eye coordination
Flexible, Team Player
Basic hand tool experience and application
Ability to follow directions, with strong attention to detail
Read, write and effectively communicate in the English language
Basic computer knowledge, basic MS office skills (clocking in and out, scanning bar codes, taking photos)
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure):
• Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment and/or motor vehicle use):
Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. as required
• Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure):
Typical shop environment and machinery – concrete floors. See site specific MSDS information
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, signing of Non-Competition and/or Invention Agreements):
Travel may be requested for field service work (not a requirement)
Required to sign Invention and Confidentiality Agreement
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=eb6d6803f159b093953fe257c993c57d
224 total views, 1 today