Full-Time Process Project Engineer – JR0012008
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
The Process/Project Engineer is focused on engineering, design, sales support and project management for plants working with edible oil applications. The Process Engineer will at times be active in all aspects of the process from the quotation phase, providing sales support, to engineering during project execution, to providing assistance during commissioning.
As a part of the team, you will:
• Generate mass and energy balance, main equipment list, specification of equipment, P&ID´s & functional descriptions for appointed projects in collaboration with departments across the Business Unit
• Organize and execute the engineering activities for appointed together with the project manager and lead engineers
• Participate in external meetings with customers to discuss/clarify process issues and engineering activities
• Drive improvement of technical solutions and secure best technology and learning is implemented into our engineering work and process design to the benefit of our customers
• Participate in performance tests and drive trouble shooting for appointed projects
• Back up and support for commissioning
• When required act as primary project manager for assigned projects within E&S
• Daily coordinate engineering activity with our office in Pune, India, and Copenhagen, DK.
• Assist in our global engineering coordination activities with other Alfa Laval sites.
• Travel up to 40% for customer meetings during the quotation phase, project execution, start up and testing as well as to other Alfa Laval sites on both domestic and international levels.
• Bid Phase / Quotation support
• Review technical specifications to gain understanding of contract requirements
• Perform order clarification during sales/operations handover meeting.
• Ensure that drawings and calculations fulfill customer requirements.
• Produce deliverables and documentation necessary to meet customer requirements.
• Manage changes and deviation where necessary (evaluation of risks).
• Assist with continuous improvement activities for all processes, procedures and systems.
• Follow internal process and working instructions of local procedure.
What you know
• BS in Chemical Engineering or related field. An MS in Chemical Engineering would be a plus.
• 5 years of relevant experience with project engineering, process engineering and commissioning preferably in fats and oils industry.
• Industry, application, and process knowledge is also a part of your project knowledge.
• Experience in a role supporting capital equipment sales is highly desired.
• International orientation with good cross-cultural perspective.
• Experience in supporting capital equipment sales preferred
• Good understanding of edible oil process and applications is a plus
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=9514b8b67138c77e1117d59d73b56bc6
81 total views, 1 today