Full-Time Project Coordinator – JR0007889
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige. You are curious to learn more about product, applications, and customers.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
Make an impact as the Project Sales Coordinator by competitively quoting and managing projects in our Hygienic Fluid Handling team (pumps, valves, tank cleaning, installation material).
In this role, you’ll bring your skills to a fast-paced and high-energy environment. You’ll collaborate closely with technical sales, operations, and external vendors to assure projects are planned, quoted, and executed effectively.
As a part of the team, you will:
• Gather commercial intelligence to create competitive quotes, including history, knowledge of competition, established discount matrices, or strategic pricing initiatives
• Support the valve fabrication supply process from initial inquiry, coordination with vendors, through shipment of completed product including all peripheral equipment
• Establish pricing strategies for individual valve projects, in coordination with sales teams
• Compile price and cost data associated with project bills of material and works in close cooperation with sales teams to establish project pricing and analyze resultant gross margin
• Communicate with customer (channel partner or end-user) to define specifications, report project status, resolve disputes/conflicts pertinent to project, obtain direction on specific project issues and obtain change orders as required
• Coordinate with other Technical Sales members and customer to ensure all necessary layout, equipment/line sizing and specification information is correct and available to appropriate individuals
• Obtain quotes from outside suppliers for project BOMs before quoted. Creates purchase orders to outside suppliers and Alfa Laval operations for project components post sale
What you know
• BS in Business, Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Previous inside sales/customer service experience/project management experience, helpful
• Strong commercial skillset and customer service orientation
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy in problem solving
• Skill in maintaining customer relationships in strained situations
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through
• Strong Computer skills to include MS Applications and CRM system
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
341 total views, 7 today