Full-Time Project Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for the technical aspects of projects to supply large capital food processing equipment to customers. The project engineer acts as the customer’s primary technical interface in conjunction with sales, project management, and the service group to ensure equipment meets expectations. The project engineer leads the design effort and provides guidance on component specifications, equipment sizing, and detailed design specifications.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Design of industrial food processing and packaging equipment models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
- Drafting of equipment layout/installation drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, and process flow diagrams in AutoCAD 2D.
- Develop the project Motor and Device List
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
- Work with the Application Engineer in development of project concept layouts and quote specifications
- Organize and participate in peer review meetings to generate and review Risk Assessments.
- Sizing of mechanical and powertrain components (shafts, bearings, sprockets, gearboxes).
- Sizing of fluid flow components (valves and pumps) and specification of purchased components (sensors and switches).
- Monitor design and customer drawing release schedules to ensure project is not delayed.
- Support equipment fabrication progress through our factory; we have a full machine shop, sheet metal shop with laser and waterjet, and welding assembly shop.
- Work with our field service group to support equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during commissioning offsite. Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting.
- Overtime work may be required.
- BSME or B.S. in Food Engineering.
- 4 – 7 years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
- Experience with FEA modeling a plus.
- Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience in food processing equipment is a plus, but analytical ability is most important.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in SAP is preferred.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.heatandcontrol.com/jobs/galesburg-il-project-engineer-0003
63 total views, 3 today