Full-Time Project Manager – Engineering
- Review sales hand-off documents including final quotes, project cost estimates, customer purchase orders, performance guarantees, specifications. Identify potential commercial and technical issues and work with sales teams to negotiate with customers.
- Set up and maintain sales orders and projects within SAP.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings and publish meeting notes.
- Establish and drive project schedule, using SAP and occasionally Microsoft Project.
- Procure specialized machinery and controls from outside vendors. Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions. Issue purchase requisitions in SAP, follow through to ensure purchase orders are issued. Follow up with vendors on schedules, drawings, approval, pre-shipment equipment check-outs. Negotiate and resolve any field issues with vendors.
- Follow equipment through mechanical and electrical engineering, manufacturing, check-out, pre-shipment testing and shipping to see all customer specifications are met. Visit vendors and other plants as required.
- Provide verbal project updates at weekly orders-in-progress (OIP) meetings. Maintain text and statuses in SAP to provide written project updates on the OIP report.
- Provide guidance and support to the field service dept. during installation and start-up.
- Manage all project scope, specs, schedule changes once hand-off from sales team has occurred.
- Monitor and analyze project costs and provide recommendations for future projects. Schedule and conduct project close-out meetings to identify source of discrepancies between planned and actual costs.
- Interface with customer and field service to generate and maintain project “punch list”. Arrange for visits to customer’s site to address warranty issues and time of installation and start-up and set up warranty sales orders to get parts on site.
- Overtime may be required, and other duties as assigned by your manager.
- B.S. in mechanical or industrial engineering
- At least five (5) years of experience within the food industry.
- Software skills: Microsoft Office including Excel, MS Project, SAP, CRM, AutoCAD viewer.
- Understand equipment assembly drawings, system layout drawings, electrical drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Available to travel up to 20%, both within the U.S. and internationally.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.heatandcontrol.com/jobs/hayward-ca-project-manager-engineering-0006
32 total views, 1 today