Full-Time Project Manager – Global Transportation – JR0018732
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
The Global Transportation Project Manager will be responsible for managing medium to large projects, with small to medium complexity or business impact, in accordance with Alfa Laval’s project methodology to reach desired outcome and drive customer satisfaction. This position will be working with freight forwarding/logistics and works closely with business units and internal team members in this key role which is the core of our business. At Alfa Laval, we are always in search of top talent.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
* Knowledge with Road, Ocean, Air or Rail for both hazardous and nonhazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
* Negotiate and maintain necessary agreements for all sites/countries in cooperation with the local sites
* Support and ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and evaluating shipping instructions, Key Process Indicator’s (KPI’s) and Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP’s)
* Work independent and arrange partnership meetings with our freight forwarders/carriers
* Serve as the escalation point for unresolved transport issues and claims
* Support our global logistics centers
* Setup the process for data through the Company’s systems and obtain consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
* Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
* Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
* In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
* Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
* Provide, analyze and improve service provider performance measurements with focus on delivery accuracy, Delivery on Time (DOT) and C02
* Drive projects to streamline and develop transportation value chain
* Secure internal compliance with Alfa Laval strategies including use of Global Transport negotiated agreements
* Act as the transportation knowledge center for the entire Alfa Laval organization
The Global Transportation Project Manager will report directly to Manager Global Transportation – Group Operations. This position will function with minimal supervision, works with internal and external teams to provide solutions, provide a positive customer experience, and to meet KPI’s. Works effectively and takes initiative, while being a team player, continuously seeking ways to improve processes and techniques.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
KEY COMPETENCIES NEEDED
* Action: Judgement and Decision Making, Acumen, Agility
* Interaction: Networking and Influencing, Leading Others and Self
* Satisfaction: Learning ability, driving for results
* Customer Focus
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Domestic US transportation knowledge is mandatory
* Freight Forwarding experience preferred
* Hazmat Certification preferred
* Three years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact required
* Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
* Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
* Familiarity with domestic and international rules and requirements
* Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
* Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Works out of Greenwood, IN office
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, motor vehicle use, etc.)
Some travel within the USA to visit customers or other Service Centers; meetings; training.
You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. No sponsorship is available for this role.
Occasional requirements to travel outside of the USA to visit customers; training; meetings.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=2733da4bc920797bdfa31e20688f8729
284 total views, 1 today