Full-Time Project Manager – JR0026208
The project manager will plan, execute and finalize contract orders for Gasketed Plate Heat exchangers according to the deadline agreed while keeping project within budget. Manage contract order from receipt of order through shipping final documentation to ensure zero broken promises to customer. Responsible for ensuring the process flow and procedures are followed in accordance with contract order process. Will be supporting Sales Companies and customers in quotation phase depending on the Service Level agreement.
About the Job:
As a member of the team, you will support the following:
- Conducts self in a considerate, professional, cooperative and helpful manner toward fellow employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
- Provide quote support to Sales Companies.
- Manage orders in a global environment.
- Review customer technical specifications to gain understanding of contract requirements. Meet
with Sales and Customers to clarify all design parameters.
- Assemble project team to generate all necessary documents, drawings, weld maps, and calculations (ASME Code calculations, load calculations performed to IBC, UBC, BOCA, ASCE) for submittal to customer.
- Create and manage design and schedule in relation to ERP system to ensure scope of order is completely planned and standard cost is accurately calculated.
- Assure document package is complete and correct and submit to customer for approval. Revise as necessary based on customer feedback.
- Order key components from sister Alfa Laval facility and local suppliers providing all design criteria to assure the accurate production of parts to meet specifications.
- Plan all outside service activities to support fabrication to meet customer specifications, i.e. Non-Destructive Examinations, special painting.
- Plan Customer Inspection
activities to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct meetings with customers and customer inspectors as needed.
- Assure shop documents are generated, reviewed and approved.
- Conduct release meeting with Shop Floor, QA and project team to review order specifics and timeline of order.
- Monitor orders through production, shipment and invoicing. Manage any changes as necessary. Coordinate outside service activities with shop floor. Manage customer inspections.
- Work closely with Sales Companies to ensure financial targets are met, and identify opportunities to enhance margin of order.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Minimal travel may be required on occasion < 10%.
What you know:
You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and project management experience for similar applications and customers, to include the following
- Leadership ability and preferably experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office, including project
- PMP Certification (Desired)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, and specifications
- Ability to plan and execute projects
- Ability to multi-task, and adjust priorities
- Ability to manage customers, suppliers, and internal functional groups (as necessary)
- Ability to sell ideas and motivate others
- Ability to manage information flow for project and risk management
- ASME Boiler & Pressure vessel Code knowledge, use and calculations, including ASME Section IX, ASME Section VIII Div. 1
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP systems & Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
Alfa Laval offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including
medical/dental/vision/life, 401(k) plan, and more. At Alfa Laval, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your total compensation package. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location. The overall salary range for this role is typically $90,000 to $100,000 base.
Alfa Laval is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=161d1eb3b929fef32462cefa535e95fe
82 total views, 1 today