Full-Time Purchasing Manager
Cantrell-Gainco products allow our customers to increase product yields, with a safe and quality system that improves their food processing operations. Our measuring, monitoring and information-reporting technologies drive corrective actions, labor savings, and process line improvements by giving you accurate, real-time data. It is success you can measure.
A Purchasing Manager is responsible for evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts to achieve the lowest price for high-quality goods.
The duties & responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Developing, leading, and executing purchasing strategies
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer
- Experience in purchasing technology or raw materials.
- 5 or more years’ working in a manufacturing environment
- 5 or more years’ experience with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- 5 or more years’ working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
Employment at Cantrell-Gainco is contingent upon the successfully completing both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US (I-9 form).
Cantrell-Gainco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
How to ApplyApply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/BET1004BETIN/JobBoard/849591b4-7e98-4338-9333-64308f3ed0eb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=eac8a01b-1773-4baa-9dfe-3c3a53a46291
133 total views, 3 today