Full-Time Regional Sales Manager – Northeast Territory
Cantrell-Gainco products allow our customers to increase product yields, with a safe and quality system that improves their food processing operations. Our measuring, monitoring and information-reporting technologies drive corrective actions, labor savings, and process line improvements by giving you accurate, real-time data. It is success you can measure.
The Regional Sales Manager has responsibility for all sales activities in his assigned region, including sales planning, forecasting and budgeting, and account management. The Regional Sales Manager is also responsible for coordinating the new product and business development activities of Cantrell-Gainco. This region would include: US States- Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont. Canadian Provinces-Ontario, Quebec
Sales Territory Management:
- Meet or exceed individual sales goals and objectives; facilitate the realization of those objectives;
- Establish strong partnering relationships with key contacts at protein processors and all strategic accounts within the region at both corporate and plant locations. Establish oneself as a consultative resource for one’s customers.
- Explore, identify and uncover opportunities to increase customer’s productivity, improve quality control and reduce costs with the equipment and systems of the company.
- Communicate effectively internally with engineering, marketing, customer service, executive management and with peers in the sales organization. This includes communications of specification of customer projects to call reports.
- Coach, mentor and assist with training new members of the sales organization. Share “best practices” with others across the sales organization.
- Participate in professional sales development programs.
- Participate in the development of the company’s strategic plans and initiatives. Compile sales forecast and budget for territory.
- Work closely with other Regional Sales Managers in representing the company with key strategic customers.
Competitive Research / Analysis / Market Intelligence:
- Continually assess existing and potential markets both domestically and internationally for the entire product line.
- Identifies key market trends and identifies changes needed to keep our product offering competitive.
- Identifies customer needs through market research, trade shows, good instincts, and customer visits.
- Closely monitor the marketplace for competitive moves and recommend strategies for counter-moves.
- Identify competitive offerings in the market and perform competitive evaluations including a thorough review of each competitor’s niche, approach and position in the market, and an assessment of each competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
Business & Product Development Activities:
- Seek opportunities to develop strategic alliances and expand into new markets.
- Analyze and develop strategic partnerships with customers, distributors, and other equipment manufacturers.
- Participate in evaluation process and due diligence of potential acquisition or business partnering activities.
- Work closely with Blue Ribbon Service to develop preferred vendor programs.
- Participate in the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy for new products.
- Contribute to strategic decisions about product direction, features, and performance requirements.
- Work with the management team to establish product specifications.
- Participate in long-term and short-term product development initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A record of accomplishments in achieving sales goals and objectives, as well as coaching and motivating sales representatives.
- Key account sales experience is required. Demonstrative achievements in developing new and incremental business with food processors’ corporate management are required.
- Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of the sales cycle and sales processes inherent in the capital equipment business. This may include formal training in long cycle sales, such as Miller Heiman or Spin Selling strategic selling processes.
- Strong analytic skills including the ability to do market research and analysis, detailed competitor and industry analyses.
- Excellent communications skills. (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Highly qualified candidates will have some engineering or technical functional background that may include manufacturing/operations management experience in a food processing facility.
- A demonstrated competency in budgeting, forecasting and planning is required. A competent analytical skill set is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are imperative. Qualified candidates will be team builders who can develop a consensus; concurrently, they will be effective decision makers. Integrity and professionalism are essential.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Education and Experience Required
- BS in Marketing, Business, or equivalent experience;
- Qualified candidates will possess 7-10 years of experience in protein (meat) processing capital equipment sales. This will include a minimum of three years of sales and marketing management experience.
Employment at Cantrell-Gainco is contingent upon the successfully completing both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US (I-9 form).
Cantrell-Gainco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
Bachelors or better in Business Economics.
Bachelors or better in Marketing.
3 years: Sales and marketing management
7-10 years: Food processing capital equipment sales
Company contact name: Cantrell - Gainco
How to ApplyApply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/BET1004BETIN/JobBoard/4ca77b5a-dea4-45cb-a5f7-a8f8ee44c7ad/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7657b75e-73dc-4fe0-b025-02f1ab012ee8
444 total views, 2 today