Full-Time Repair Supervisor – JR0024535
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people, and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers, Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
About the Job
We’re seeking a Repair Supervisor to oversee repair-related activities across all Separation Product lines (Decanters/Centrifuge). You will be responsible for leading, developing and securing a high performing team in line
with the overall Service strategy and the Alfa Laval culture to create an excellent customer experience and meet the service market demands. Currently, this opportunity is in Houston, TX.
As a part of the team, you will:
- Secure a strong HSE and quality culture within the team.
- Manage and develop team capabilities to support the overall Service strategy.
- Lead the team giving the direction and ensuring that they are performing with a strong customer orientated mindset.
- Develop, motivate, and coach direct reports and secure a proper competence development.
- Manage performance issues within the team appropriately and quickly.
- Quickly adapt availability of internal resources based on customer demands.
- Ensure that jobs are executed according to importance in close cooperation with coordinators.
- Implement continuous safety and efficiency improvements based on ALPS board
meetings as well as by innovative processes and technologies.
- Conduct employee reviews, including competence profile and skills matrix updates accordingly.
What you know:
You have a HS Diploma or GED equivalent with relevant experience, and:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with repairing and reconditioning in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience from improvement tools, e g Lean manufacturing (5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong emphasis on utilizing Excel to create Pivot Tables.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of machining and welding techniques.
- Strong communication and respectful interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to perform effectively within a team environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of standard word
processing software and spreadsheets.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within stressful situations.
Nice To Haves:
- BS degree in an Engineering Science
- Experience with manufacturing MRP / ERP systems preferred.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more. At Alfa Laval, we carefully consider a wide range of factors to determine your total compensation package. We rely on market
indicators and consider your specific job, background, skills, and experience to get it right. The base salary for this role is typically $85,000 to $90,000.
Alfa Laval is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Name of company seeking application: Alfa Laval
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=27fa59849c2945068474e76a07623cdb
70 total views, 2 today