Full-Time Senior Electrical Engineer
At Delkor Systems, you will find a place where you can learn, innovate, and grow professionally. As one of the fastest growing mid-sized manufacturing companies in the Twin Cities area and the largest U.S. manufacturer of vision-based robotic case packers, we know that our nearly 300 employees are the reason why we are growing stronger year after year.
If you are a self-motivated Electrical Engineer with eight years or more of experience, Delkor has an opening for you! We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Electrical Engineer III) to join our team in Arden Hills, MN. As our Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert for electrical machine control systems. You will oversee the identification and specification of control system platforms for various packaging machinery lines. You will also serve as a leader to co-workers in best design practices and guide the day-to-day operations of a team of electrical engineers, delegating project work. In addition, you will be responsible for standardizing the release of all electrical documentation in an efficient manner and for refining procedures.
Your Essential Functions in this role will be:
- Execute electrical engineering and control system design on projects for both commercial products and new product development value streams.
- Analyzes the machine functional requirements and translates them into the appropriate automation solution by performing engineering tasks such as creating detailed product specifications, performing calculations and analysis, designing and testing prototype assemblies, creating panel layouts, structuring BOMs and creating detail and assembly drawing and electrical schematics.
- Leads design review meeting before releasing assemblies to production.
- Guide a team of electrical engineers (2-4) by leading a daily meeting to answer questions and provide guidance to each team member, delegating work to team members to efficiently complete assigned projects and providing mentorship to team members.
- Lead as a subject matter expert in machine controls systems; identify areas of opportunity for the company in terms of cost-reduction, lead-time reduction, machine performance enhancements, machine networking and plant connectivity, component standardization, and end-of-life product obsolescence, etc.
- Identify areas of opportunity for efficiency gains across the Engineering Department, with a focus on creating standard working procedures for the entire electrical engineering team. Upon approval, responsible for rolling-out and training of co-workers in new working procedures while ensuring their department-wide utilization, acceptance, and refinement.
- Report project status to Manager upon request; identify projects that are falling behind schedule in a timely manner and offer suggestions on possible corrective action.
- Assist production planning and Manager in estimating design hours and personnel required to complete projects.
- Participate as required in application order reviews, Product Strategy Group meetings, machinery-planning meetings, cost reviews, and build-review meetings.
- Assist the assembly and machine validation teams when called upon to solve problems and take corrective action as deemed necessary.
- Assist the Service Department with problems in the field which may be in the form of in-house activity or travel to the customer’s site.
- Assist Application Engineering Department in assessing customer specification and the impact on equipment.
- Advise the technical publications team on matters of electrical engineering content such as sequence of operations, maintenance, schematics, HMI, and safety chapters.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in Electrical/Controls Engineering or related field experience.
- Minimum of one year of AutoCAD Electrical experience.
- Experience in 3D CAD systems and/or electrical “E-CAD” systems desirable; SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and Solidworks CAD and their interaction to PDM systems and MRP.
- Extensive knowledge of Allen-Bradley automation products including CompactLogix and ControlLogix PLCs, Kinetix- and Ultra-series of servo drives and motors, RSLogix, PowerFlex A/C drives, networking products, PanelView HMI’s, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC NFPA-70.
- Knowledge of the Safety Risk Assessment process. Knowledge of OSHA requirements, ANSI, EN, and ISO safety requirements as they apply to packaging machinery (e.g. B155.1).
- Knowledge of the CE Directives, Technical File, EMC compliance as they apply to machinery.
- Knowledge of electrical panel layout and design, I/P ratings for components, NEMA ratings for enclosures, and conduit design.
- Knowledge of machinery safety category ratings and corresponding safety circuit design including new safe-off drives.
- Must exhibit a high level of inquisitiveness, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to independently problem solve electrical engineering issues.
- Takes ownership of his or her team and their area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains a positive attitude and leads by example.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
What we offer you to work for us:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company paid holidays every year
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance
How to ApplyApply Here
117 total views, 1 today