Full-Time SEP Mechanic I – JR0015734
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
Our Separation Mechanic will perform a variety of duties to disassemble, inspect, repair, measure and assemble products and subassemblies to bring them up to specification standards. Products supported include high speed separator, decanter, WHE, pump, and valve for our internal and external customers. As part of the team, you will:
* Perform equipment receipt, uncrate, clean, strip and tear down units.
* Inspect, repair, service, test and package following the companies policies, procedures, quality standards and Safety guidelines.
* Work from drawings, parts lists, blueprints, charts, tables and graphs to evaluate and assist in estimating repair costs, time and materials or parts needed to repair assemblies and subassemblies.
* Set up and operates test stands and related equipment as required.
* Set up and balances rotating equipment using approved balancing methods as required.
* Record written test results on appropriate test documents
* Follow the quality plan per job to repair product
* Diagnose checks and correct mechanical functions through adjustments, using various tools and approved repair methods.
* Move material inside shop as needed.
* Recognize and communicates the need for replenishment of supplies, tools, need repair parts and other facility needs to supervision in a timely manner.
* Keep work area and surrounding equipment clean and organized.
* Perform housekeeping as required at the facility to maintain a professional presentation.
* Paint, pack, crate, and document shipment of units, parts and materials.
* May be asked to perform some field service work from time to time (not frequent or required).
Reports to Service Center Manager. Must work independently to evaluate and repair products. Must work unsupervised performing job responsibilities as trained and instructed. Cooperate with Team Leader and work effectively in a strong team environment; continually seeking ways to improve repair process and techniques. Must be able to interact in a professional manner with administrative staff and co-workers.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
First run yield issues (amount of rework)
Shop Order Variances
Completing jobs within standard timeframes
End result quality
KEY COMPETENCIES NEEDED:
F1: Concern for Excellence – Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others.
F2: Customer Service Orientation – Concerned to provide a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients; goes out of way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
B3: Building and Maintaining Relationships – Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts other at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
B5: Flexibility – Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstance
B2: Teamwork – Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
What you know
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED:
You have a High School or GED equivalent, 2-3 years manual repair/workshop/manufacturing environment experience, strong communication skills, a respectful approach to working with others, and prior experience with:
* Understanding complicated blue prints, drawings, sketches and work instructions
* Forklift trucks, hand pallet jacks, and overhead cranes
* Using micrometers and gauges in both English and Metric measures
* Mechanical aptitude
* Diagnosing mechanical problems
* Basic computer knowledge (clocking in and out, scanning bar codes)
* Working with vibration analyzing/balancing is a plus
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs. as required.
Must wear company supplied uniforms and maintain professional business presentation
Typical shop environment and machinery – concrete floors. See site specific MSDS information
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, signing of Non-Competition and/or Invention Agreements):
Travel may be requested for field service work (not a requirement)
Signing Invention and Confidentiality Agreement
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7f5d6559cffb2e2073773a08caf4c81d
241 total views, 1 today