Full-Time Shipping and Receiving Associate, 1st Shift – JR0013874
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to work in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
About the job
Our Richmond manufacturing facility is adding a brand-new Shipping/Receiving Associate to our lineup, and we’d like to hear from you. In this role, you will provide your picking, packing, and shipping skills to your team, supporting multiple units. We offer a climate controlled building with on-site cafe, plus full benefits package – including a generous PTO package available to you on your first day of hire!
Hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, plus overtime as required.
Base pay starts at $18.00 per hour or more, plus annual production-based bonus opportunity
As a part of the team, you will:
* Pick/Pack/Ship finished goods from the warehouse.
* Contact freight companies to schedule pickups.
* Receive packages and put away in warehouse.
* Maintain clean organization of goods, paperwork, work area, etc.
* Consolidate inventory within warehouse.
* Spot/Cycle count warehouse inventory.
* Develop and continuously improve factory standards.
* Execute quality checks and inspections throughout the entire process.
* Continuously build job knowledge through execution of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Develop the department in accordance with the Alfa Laval Production System by participating in performance and improvement meetings.
* Observe all company policies.
* Other tasks as may be assigned.
What you know
You have a high school diploma or GED, and:
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills
* Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse experience.
* An ability to lift up to 60 pounds
* Fork lift operation experience.
* Exposure to use and care of basic hand tools.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Candidates interested in company-sponsored GED program will be considered.
Alfa Laval is unable to consider sponsorship or relocation assistance for candidates applying for this role.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=79c82d796eb7edf44d872e2d78fd1fef
1107 total views, 1 today