Full-Time Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator I works collaboratively with Production, Procurement, and the Machine Shop to provide an ongoing inventory of parts necessary to fill customer machine orders.
- Organize and prioritize tasks requiring daily completion.
- Verify Machine Shop and QC shelf contents to be received into inventory. Monitor and ensures needed parts are received throughout the day.
- Monitor inventory receiving and shipping volumes expected each day.
- View reorganizing efforts for overall effectiveness of inventory control.
- Expedite completion of the Shortage Report. Monitor the report for parts that are in stock and available for delivery to the assembly floor.
- Receive inventory deliveries.
- Assist with unloading trucks with large delivery orders.
- Verify the Packing Slip – matching part number/manufacture part number and quantity to Purchase Order.
- Physically inspect all receiving for accuracy and/or damage.
- Deliver inventory to the stockroom or assembly floor.
- Monitor the Shortage Report for inventory needed on the assembly floor.
- Post inventory, including bin location, in Navision and maintains a daily file of inventory activities. Posting of inventory should be done at the time it is received.
- Ship inventory deliveries to customers.
- Design shipment skids with outside vendors for Machine/Project shipments.
- Obtain quotes for shipment from various logistic companies.
- Create Shipment folder to obtain necessary department signatures for project/machine shipment.
- Work with the Parts Coordinator and Materials/Packaging Coordinator on the completion of paperwork.
- Use a variety of mail service programs to complete shipment.
- Maintain an adequate supply of shipment materials.
- Post parts that are checked out in Synchrono.
- Perform daily Cycle Counts of stockroom inventory.
- Pick machine orders for completion on the assembly floor.
- Receive notification from the drum schedule of orders needing to be picked.’
- Monitor future orders for completeness and release orders for picking.
- Post the consumption of parts in Synchrono.
- Problem solves.
- Research a part in Navision, Synchrono or views a Solid Works job print to determine the problem.
- Coordinate solutions with Engineering, the Machine Shop and/or Accounting/Materials Packaging.
- Investigate Purchase Order and Machine Shop discrepancies with the Purchasing and/or Accounting Department which may entail processing a DMR.
- Work on inventory returns.
- Process return orders, in cooperation with the Purchasing Department.
- Return inventory from machine production using Synchrono and process parts out of inventory using Navision to return to vendor.
- Use a mail service program to complete shipment to the vendor.
- Organize all stockroom facilities for Machine Parts, Packaging/Material stock, Customer Product, and Sales samples. Work with Packaging/Materials Coordinator for shipping and receiving materials.
- Work with the entire Assembly floor team and with Inventory Control co-workers to ensure that the entire assembly floor area and stockroom remain well organized and free of clutter.
- Report machine or plant safety concerns to the Production Control Supervisor or Production Manager.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Delkor’s Inventory Control Internship or equivalent required.
- Possess valid certification for forklift driving or being willing to obtain.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge in using key Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience in using an assortment of shipping software programs.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to read, understand, and analyze Engineering drawings.
- Interpersonal Communication:
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Work Ethic:
- Well organized with an aptitude for details.
- Works independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive work place environment under stressful situations.
- Problem Solving
- Able to problem solve and take direction regarding routine activities and problem resolution.
- Stand or walk for the majority of a workday.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, and arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Lift 10-40 pounds regularly; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- Operate both cars and vans.
- The majority of the job duties are performed on the assembly floor or in the stockroom area with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Operate all tools typically used for shipping and receiving of product including box cutters, two wheel dolly, pallet jack, ratchet strap.
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copiers, e-mail, calculator and other such equipment.
How to ApplyApply Here
170 total views, 1 today