Full-Time Shipping Clerk – Prep and Crating
Prepare ground, air, and/or ocean freight shipments. Responsible for equipment/parts crating and skid production.
Classification: Union Helper (This is a union position)
- Organize, package, prepare, stage, load, and secure shipments.
- Make equipment and component shipments ready for transport to destinations via ground, air, and/or ocean freight.
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, using hand trucks, fork trucks, or overhead cranes.
- Inspect outgoing equipment and materials for defects, damage, or shortage.
- Examine shipments to ensure they meet specifications plus documenting via paperwork notation, tagging, and other practical means.
- Manufacture of crating and skids to equipment shipping method, to assure safe, damage free transport to destination.
- Monitor lumber priorities and manage lumber staging to support production needs.
- Assist department in maintaining and continuously expanding the standard crating procedures used for the shipment of equipment and components.
- Assist with shipping paperwork pack lists, bill of ladings, export documents such as commercial invoices, export declarations and certificate of origins, and encompassing any special marking, tagging, labeling as required.
- Attach shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Take pre-shipping photos when required.
- Cover manufactured assemblies with plastic film or shrink wrap materials.
- Maintain a clean and organized shipping department.
Required Education and Experience
- At least one year of experience working with packing slips, receiving slips, and paperwork included with shipments.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to work more than eight hours per day if required.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and communicate effectively verbally and through written media to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be familiar with computer entry. Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel a plus.
- Must be able to effectively count and sort items, along with ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide efficiently.
- Understanding of the principals of inventory control
- Must be able to reach horizontally and vertically for stored items.
- Must be physically able to stand regularly and handle exertion involving bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, or carrying items
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance
Company contact email address: [email protected]
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.heatandcontrol.com/jobs/hayward-ca-shipping-clerk-prep-and-crating-0004
72 total views, 1 today