Full-Time Shipping Specialist – Engineering & Supply – JR0008208
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
The main purpose of this position is to manage and support the transportation chain in US project execution by finding the best and most cost-efficient transport solutions across the world.
As a part of the team, you will:
• Do transportation quotation and negotiation with forwarding agents on project shipments
• Filing and maintaining shipping document records as per the departmental guidelines
• Work with factories and external suppliers on transportation to ensure timely delivery of inbound and outbound deliveries to customer.
• Provide shipping input to bid process and sales contract as well as to Letter of credit draft and execution.
• Collaborate and align with Alfa Laval Global Shipping team on worldwide contracts with shippers and freight forwarders
• Guidance and direction of:
– Letter of Credit
– Shipping certificates
– Customs duty & import VAT rules regarding cross border shipments and invoicing
– Country of Origin rules and certificates
– In depth knowledge of proper procedures and processes related to all INCOTERMS
– Customs and tariff number guidance and direction
– Customs invoice & Packing lists
• Execution of import, export, and cross-world project shipments from Alfa Laval to end- customer.
• Handling of transport claims and transport insurance issues
• Dangerous goods shipment
• Ensure daily shipping booking and transport documents
• Align with other Alfa Laval locations on consolidation of shipments for project orders
• Develop and maintain summary of shipping costs for each project and work with Supply Manager and Project Managers on cost reduction and cost avoidance.
What you know
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• 3 years of Logistics Experience Preferred
• ERP System Knowledge
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
***Alfa Laval has a Federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees in Field Service roles, as well as those in the Chesapeake, Greenwood, Houston, Richmond, and Warminster sites. All employees, consultants and contractors working at these sites – including employees associated with these sites who work remotely – will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation exemption is granted. ***
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=7945e65505856f57710ac834e2a10689
2697 total views, 1 today