Full-Time Sub-Assembly Technician
The Sub Assembly Technician assists on the Assembly Floor by building sub-assembly units, assisting with other projects and by keeping the Assembly Floor well-maintained, clutter free and stocked with the appropriate fittings, fasteners, bolts and plan prints. If you like working with your hands, have experience with basic tools and are interested in a position where you can be active every day, apply now! Interested in learning more about Delkor? Click Here
The Sub Assembly Technician job description is intended to point out major duties and authorities within the position, but it is not limited to these items.
- Follows established safety protocols and procedures; provides continuous improvement ideas for safety
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment and properly uses other safety equipment when required
- Corrects safety discrepancies and reports any machine or plant safety concerns to the Production Lead
- Ensures that work areas remain well organized and free of clutter
- Maintains 5S and workplace organization standards including daily clean up and weekly tasks
- Meets established quality standards and follows quality procedures; provides continuous improvement ideas for quality
- Corrects quality discrepancies and reports any quality concerns to the Production Lead
- Ensures all Quality Checklists are properly completed
- Works efficiently and provides continuous improvement ideas for cost reduction and waste elimination
- Responsible for accurate labor reporting
- Completes work in a timely manner; advises the Production Lead if dates are not going to be met.
- Assembles subassembly units and assists in the assembly of formers, closers and other machines
- Performs the assembly process projects and conversions and prepares for shipment
- Supports the checkout of machines by preparing and loading product
- Completes an Engineering Change Request (ECR) for machine continuous improvement ideas
- Completes a Production Concerns request when discrepancies are discovered.
- Assists with crating, and shipment of machines.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic carpentry and/or mechanical skills preferred.
Technical Skills and Competencies
Able to use standard computer programs for work processing including Microsoft Office products
- Must have good knowledge of assorted hand tools
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbally and/or non-verbally) to individuals and groups, internally and externally, to exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a positive workplace environment, even when encountering challenging situations.
- Able to problem solve and take direction regarding routine activities and problem resolution.
- Stand and walk for a majority of the day.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and others inside and outside the company.
- Apply physical mobility (reaching, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, arm and leg extension) to perform all assembly production activities.
- Possess extensive arm and hand mobility and strength to lift, hold, reach, carry, push and pull parts. Also able to move parts, tools, equipment and materials in and out of vehicles.
- Lift 40 pounds regularly; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- See and judge distances and space relationships to successfully complete detailed activities to find tolerances, including reading written plans and other documents.
- Ninety percent (90%) of the job duties are performed on the assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
- Ten percent (10%) of the work is performed in an office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk and working on the computer, or working at an office table.
Tools and Equipment
- Operate pallet jack and automated skin shrink wrapper
- Operate a drill press
- Use general office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, copiers, e-mail, and other such equipment.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Associates or better.
Technical/other training or better.
Two Year Automated Packaging Degree or better.
How to ApplyApply Here
33 total views, 2 today