Full-Time Systems Engineer II
The primary objective of the Systems Engineer II is to develop technical solutions to clients’ application requirements, and ensure those solutions are materialized during project execution. The Systems Engineer II will apply good engineering practices in designing systems to solve moderate vacuum and over-pressure inquiries.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Evaluate requests for quotation, obtain all missing information or date and resolve contradictory information
- Design proposed vacuum system to meet the customer’s requirements, calculating gas flows, pressure drops and heat load requirements
- Select and specify all components that need to be quoted
- Prepare and keyboard technical equipment specifications of the proposed vacuum system solution as per standard business practices
- Identify and take lead in specifying customized features and components that meet design scope and customer’s requirements
- Interface with customer and field personnel, on the phone and in person, providing information on equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Check all pump and system orders for accuracy and agreement with the quotation
- Assist the Service Department, as requested, in establishing safe operating procedures and in resolving field problems
- Provide field sales and marketing with technical information, such as reports, charts, monograph, and calculations to aid in selling the Busch products
- Take lead in managing the technical aspects of the system design process to meet customer expectations. This includes but is not limited to application knowledge, customer requirements, drawings and/or design compliance, system functionality and equipment testing
- Give prepared technical presentations, in house and in the field, to assist in marketing and training programs
- Assist Sales and Marketing in the development of new markets and new market strategies
- Provide statistical information to maintain a company history of quotations and installed equipment
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics
- Write reports, and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical, financial and legal documents
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors to better understand the job objectives
- Must posses excellent technical aptitude with sound design and application knowledge about industrial systems (preferably from the vacuum industry)
- Apply engineering concepts, calculate, design, quote and specify vacuum systems
- All other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting client’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, solve problems, and process into meaningful data.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school)
2 to 4 years of experience in vacuum pump/systems or related experience: Preferred
Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, Microsoft Suites (data base activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.) Familiar with Solid Works and AutoCAD software. Work with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
Certifications & Licenses:
Must maintain a current and valid Driver’s license to meet Busch insurance standards
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward O
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound – Must be able to hear emergency warning signals and mechanical machinery
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – and other PPE as required
- Sense of Balance
- Safety glasses with non-metallic frames
- (EH) safety footwear
- Hearing protection
Heated and Air Conditioned Office Environment. May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, moderate/extreme noise level, tight or closed spaces, and vibration.
Busch LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Company contact name: Busch Vacuum Solutions
How to ApplyApply online at https://buschvacuum.submit4jobs.com/#/jobDescription/314735/
160 total views, 1 today