Full-Time Technical Support Specialist – JR0013340
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
About the job
Support sales growth of Alfa Laval’s complete range of products into the dairy, food and beverage markets through providing high level technical product support direct to end users, channels, and the applications teams. Products include pumps, valves, tank agitation and mixing, automation, membranes and load cells. As a part of the team, you will be a key part of the sales process:
• Application and Configuration of products
• Clarify technical details
• Generate sales quotations and follow-up on all quotes to maximize hit rate
• Evaluate and follow-through requests for non-standard product
• Troubleshoot customer problems
• Assist with the selection of spare parts
• Create submittal packages
• Initiate and provide technical support for warranty claims
General technical support:
• Provide technical assistance (product capabilities and application) for internal departments
• Maintenance of industry standards compliance including documentation (i.e. USDA, 3A, BPE)
• Provide technical training of internal and channel partner staff
• May serve as resident technical expert in any one of several disciplines including: Rheology (including testing), Metallurgy, Elastomers/Polymers.
What you know
• Degree in an Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline or equivalent industry experience
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short-term tasks
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to synthesize technical information from multiple sources
• Great technical problem-solving skills
• Must have a positive customer-focused attitude.
• Strong PC skills including presentations, Excel and CRM software
• CAD knowledge or experience
• Knowledge or experience with Rheology, Metallurgy, Elastomers/Polymers, a plus
• Experience with the practical application of fluid handling equipment – pumps, valves, fittings, heat exchangers or related products
• Travel estimated 10-30%
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=3a818373e3059b0c1349940fb5582e80
62 total views, 1 today