Full-Time Technical Writer l
The Technical Writer works collaboratively within the Technical Publications team to ensure efficient and accurate administration of technical publications activities, projects, and operations. This person interacts with technical writing and cross functional teams.
- Review all assigned reference manuals prior to finalization to ensure all correct Adobe FrameMaker insets (pre-documented information) is captured.
- Convert all assigned reference manuals from FrameMaker to PDF.
- Store all assigned reference manual documentation on the shared drive.
- Gather third party documentation.
- Complete edits in master files of reference manuals and training materials.
- Assist in the creation of reference manuals for commercial machines.
- Complete checklist spec sheets for assigned commercial machines to identify insets (pre-documented information) that should and should not be documented in the reference manuals.
- Pull the applicable insets in Adobe FrameMaker to build the reference manual.
- Assist in the creation of customer facing technical materials in support of customer training for commercial machines.
- Assist in the development of machine maintenance quick reference procedures.
- Assist in the development of machine troubleshooting guides and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two-year associates degree or formal education in English, Technical Writing/Communication, or equivalent or two or more years of experience in a related job experience.
- Experience in Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Photoshop, and SolidWorks Composer is preferred or demonstrated experience in using new software.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Analyzing and Planning:
- Demonstrates good analysis skills when working with preexisting information.
- Well organized and works methodically on repetitive and tedious information.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
- Proofing and Editing:
- Edits and proofs information according to the department style guide and proof sheets.
- Carefully proofs and edits his or her own work.
- Development and Design Skills:
- Demonstrates good design skills when working with new information.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt existing information for new course formats or structures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with a variety of people and personalities, and with other Delkor departments.
- Works collaboratively, as a team member, to suggest ideas and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Maintains a positive work environment, even under challenging situations.
- Understands the need to work productively, making good use of his or her time.
- Able to execute tasks independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Sit at a desk or in meetings for extended periods of time, including performing extensive computer tasks.
- Stand and walk for a portion of the day to interact with other employees.
- Speak and hear to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication in person or using the telephone; exchange ideas and convey detailed information accurately to co-workers, managers, and others inside and outside the company.
- Ninety percent (90%) of the work is performed in an office setting, carrying out detail work sitting at a desk and working on the computer, or working at an office table.
- Ten percent (10%) of the job duties are performed on the assembly floor with exposure to tools, dirt, dust, chemicals, metals and plastics, varying temperatures, construction noises and odors from production processes.
Tools and Equipment
- Use general office equipment, such as computer, printer, telephone, copiers, e-mail, and other such equipment.
EEO Policy Statement
- Delkor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Associates or better in English or related field.
How to ApplyApply Here
71 total views, 1 today