Full-Time Travel Site Superintendent
Epstein is an established and well-respected 99 year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international locations in Poland and Romania. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
Epstein is seeking a Site Superintendent. The Site Superintendent coordinates, plans and supervises all project field activities with foremen, field engineers, and contractors. The Site Superintendent will be responsible for providing proactive leadership to develop and promote a culture of safety on the project site and is responsible for coordinating plans and specifications with design and engineering. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships as may be necessary.
Experience with diverse project types including large scale industrial projects such as warehouse/distribution, manufacturing and food processing facilities is a plus along with associated interior build-outs. Design-build experience is preferred. All candidates must be willing to work on-site at locations throughout the United States.
• Develops, maintains and enhances client relationships
• Partners with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage, and forecast the following: subcontractor labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, & general conditions
• Develops and implements site utilization plan and establishes needed crew sizes
• Assures construction schedules are maintained by trade contractors
• Develops, updates and reviews on a frequent and regular basis, project schedule and 3-week look ahead, daily reports, safety checklists, and ensures onsite adherence to company insurance policies
• Maintains quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work in progress and completed projects
• Provides proactive and intentional leadership in developing the safety culture on the project site. Maintains construction safety and administers company and OSHA compliance program.
• Supports and coordinates interface between design and field construction.
• Receives and reviews requests for extra construction work by contractors and submits to Project Manager for approval
• Leads the on-site construction team and provides direction, support and feedback to team members
• Prepares required field documentation and reports (monthly, weekly and daily)
• Reviews progress payment requests to insure that work in-place matches payment and submits to Project Manager
• Develops, maintains and enhances contractor and vendor relationships
• Coach, mentor and train field personnel
Desired Skills and Experience
• 10+ years of supervisory experience on large projects for a General Contractor or Construction Manager
• Bachelor Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent preferred or equal experience
• Working knowledge of field construction: systems, practices, safety and procedures
• Working knowledge of general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods, and sequencing
• Knowledge of basic scheduling techniques (i.e., Critical Path Method)
• Ability to interpret construction documents
• Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, supervisory, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Project and Project Controls
• Driver’s license required
• 30 hour OSHA certification (preferred)
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, a relentless drive to fulfill commitments, tremendous enthusiasm and a sincere commitment to client satisfaction.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
How to ApplyPlease apply to the position at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=EPSTEIN&cws=38&rid=599
29 total views, 1 today